Still Wearing Masks

I'm still wearing a mask when I have to go out i public - for several reasons.
1) I'm recovering from radiation treatment for Lung cancer. The medical crew at the Cancer Center are still always masked. For their sake - and mine, I mask up.
2) I'm 86 years old
3) And last but definitely not least, there are too many anti-vaxxers out there who are driving the risk of infection up for the rest of us and there is no way to identify them so they can be given a wide berth.
I rarely shop in public anymore and when I can't avoid it, I always mask up. I like living too much.
"3) And last but definitely not least, there are too many anti-vaxxers out there who are driving the risk of infection up for the rest of us"

Vaccinated people get Covid and spread it the same as unvaccinated do. :rolleyes:

I went to our local hospital for lab work last week and was required to
wear a mask.
I have respiratory problems so still wear a mask when shopping and
I stay out of crowds.
People are still being hospitalized here for Covid illness and I don't want
to be sick.
I am vaccinated and have not had Covid.

"3) And last but definitely not least, there are too many anti-vaxxers out there who are driving the risk of infection up for the rest of us"

Vaccinated people get Covid and spread it the same as unvaccinated do. :rolleyes:
Not to anywhere the same same extent and usually a milder, non fatal version of it. Unfortunately there's been a strong political component to all the misinformation that had been dispensed against it (which I won't get into 'cause someone will report me again and I will get banned again)

I never wear a mask. Haven't worn it for at least 2 years. I recently traveled for 2 months to a hot tropical country and come back home "as healthy as a horse." I know others that wear masks and are (as sick as a dog).

I reckon that masks don't really help you. It's just some smoke screen to make you think that you will be protected. You want stay healthy and not get sick? Well, you gotta eat healthy foods, exercise, go outside, think positive, have a social life, stop sitting and starring at the idiot box for 12 hours every day. Hey! It's been working for me and I'm gonna be 77 next week. Ha, ha!

Last I knew, the VA here that I go to is the only place that still requires a mask. I hate wearing them because there’s not enough room for the mask strap, my hearing aids and glasses.
I hear ya Pappy, when I wore a face diaper at least 90% of the time the diaper strap would somehow get wrapped around my hearing aids and pull one or both out when removing the mask......I had to be careful.

Don't see many being worn around here nowadays.

fd.jpg

Last edited:
I hear ya Pappy, when I wore a face diaper at least 90% of the time the diaper strap would somehow get wrapped around my hearing aids and pull one or both out when removing the mask......I had to be careful.

Don't see many being worn around here nowadays.

View attachment 279323
Was pleased to see that they dropped the mask regulations at the VA this morning. Our local hospitals haven’t required them for some time now.

I spent some time in our federal government building this morning due to a tax issue. Seen many folks come in wearing diapers. Seems a bit out-dated now but some of them folks sure don't want to change with the times.

Back