Streaming Fire Stick!!

Is that a all you pay, or is there also a monthly payment?

Mike.

Sounds good to me. We cut the cable 16 years ago & I never miss it. Been using Roku for several years now. We watched Acorn TV for about 4 years & now we watch Britbox. Sometimes I watch You Tube for travel films. However, some of the stuff on You Tube is pretty bad so you have to be careful. I enjoy Roku because I don't like advertising.

Sounds good to me. We cut the cable 16 years ago & I never miss it. Been using Roku for several years now. We watched Acorn TV for about 4 years & now we watch Britbox. Sometimes I watch You Tube for travel films. However, some of the stuff on You Tube is pretty bad so you have to be careful. I enjoy Roku because I don't like advertising.
Wow..you were a trailblazer Packerjohn! I thought about it for a year then finally cut the chord a year ago. Love my Roku. I also have an Android box that someone upgraded for me a couple of months ago. I get lots of programming on it. I've had and recently canceled Netflix and Hulu. Now I'll have the two streaming services I was least interested in....Amazon Prime ("free" with my phone plan upgrade) and Disney+ (free for 12 months with my new Verizon Fios service).

Wow..you were a trailblazer Packerjohn! I thought about it for a year then finally cut the chord a year ago. Love my Roku. I also have an Android box that someone upgraded for me a couple of months ago. I get lots of programming on it. I've had and recently canceled Netflix and Hulu. Now I'll have the two streaming services I was least interested in....Amazon Prime ("free" with my phone plan upgrade) and Disney+ (free for 12 months with my new Verizon Fios service).
We used to have Netflex but no longer. I enjoyed some of the nature films & the series on the royal family but found that over-all most of the movies were geared to the very young generation. You know, boy discovers girl type or very violent with everyone & everything being blown up by ugly looking men or women in panties & bra. I do order DVDs from the 50s - 70s TV show from Amazon. They are very pushy with their Amazon Prime but I have not taken the bite. My philosophy is take you can only handle so much TV. We watch only 2.5 hours of Roku/DVDs & that does me. I have too many other things to do all the time. Guess I'm lucky?

We used to have Netflex but no longer. I enjoyed some of the nature films & the series on the royal family but found that over-all most of the movies were geared to the very young generation. You know, boy discovers girl type or very violent with everyone & everything being blown up by ugly looking men or women in panties & bra. I do order DVDs from the 50s - 70s TV show from Amazon. They are very pushy with their Amazon Prime but I have not taken the bite. My philosophy is take you can only handle so much TV. We watch only 2.5 hours of Roku/DVDs & that does me. I have too many other things to do all the time. Guess I'm lucky?
You're right about the only so much you can watch John. I have so many shows in my playlists. I try to stay current with my favorites but I'm even behind several episodes with some of them. I may watch 1.5 - 2 hours a day. Like you, I keep busy but maybe I'll be able to catch up better during the shows' winter hiatuses. A friend and I always joke that keeping up with all our shows is like a full time job! The T.V. scorecards are geared toward 18 - 49 year olds. Too much sex and violence on T.V. now.

Back