Streaming TV shows

Sunny

SF VIP
Do you watch any of the streaming channels, such as Netflix, Prime, and Hulu? I've found that they change my TV watching habits immensely. There's no such thing as "what's on," everything on that channel is "on" all the time. You can binge watch an entire series, watch one episode every night, repeat an episode if you like, fast forward, etc.

And practically every movie ever made is available on those channels, sometimes free, and sometimes for $3.99. I think this is a real sanity-saver in these days of self-quarantining.

If you do watch one or more of the streaming channels, got any good shows to recommend?

Pepper

I never watched 'The Americans' when it was on FX, but I'm watching it now on Amazon Prime and I love it. I'm in the middle of Season 2 and I think there are 6 Seasons. In my current state of mind, it's hard to remember what happened when a show is only on once a week. I like streaming so much better.

gennie

Yes, I watch all through a Roku box and there are many more channels, some free, and many more if I'm willing to watch a few ads. I cut cable last year.

Limited broadcasting is available from the local PBS station. With a small donation, I can access full PBS programming. I especially enjoyed all the Ken Burns Specials.

PopsnTuff

Totally agree with you @Lewkat. Just started making use of these free apps even tho I'm not a movie watcher....but most of my tv shows are gone for the summer and not returning in the fall....seriously considering cancelling cable by the winter.....watched The Silent on Prime Video last nite.....I have access to about 30 free apps on my remote that came with the tv.....

PopsnTuff

Two of these streaming apps required I sign in.....that was an inconvenience having to type my info from the remote control using the
alphabets on the screen, ugh....then to find most of the movies and tv shows were rentals or to buy....

Which apps are totally free?

Liberty

I cut the cable years ago. Only use Roku plus Amazon Prime.
Would love to cut the cable, but hub won't do it...lol. We are "flippers" and watch a lot of channels so it might not be as easy for us anyway. Have been watching the "Bosch"series on Amazon Prime. Love Michael Connelly's books.

Red Cinders

I just started a new one (for me) on Netflix, a detective comedy called Vexed. So far, I like it.
I liked Vexed too. Maggie Smith's son Toby Stephens is the male lead, and he plays such a great jackass.

AcornTV is my favorite for streaming. I'm a big fan of mysteries and even though Acorn has mostly British shows, they also have series from all over the world. Great Britain will always be #1 for mysteries, but I also love shows like "Brokenwood" from New Zealand and "Murdoch Mysteries" from Canada.

Lately, I've been watching old Johnny Carson Tonight Show episodes on free streaming channel Tubi right before bed. Even though I only watch a few minutes a night, it's great to see this show again. Takes me back to being a young thing. I like that the comedy is light and funny rather than just plain mean. It's a great way to end the day.

Camper6

I don't have the patience to watch a whole movie or a series.

Any program that I watch like Jeopardy, I record it and watch it when I'm too tired to do anything.

I spend a lot of time on t.v. on forums and You tube documentaries and do it yourself projects.

I think it's different when you are alone. When you have someone to watch with, it becomes more interesting because you can comment on it.

On my cell phone I have an app called Tubi. They stream movies. That's for the doctor's waiting room.