Stuck at home during Covid-19 pandemic

ConnieR

Greetings from Oregon. Not at work due to pandemic-kind of bored, thought I would check out online community for older adults-I am 55. Listening to jazz music just to get a break from CNN. My beautiful black cat is nearby. He doesn't understand why I have been home so much this week. I like the down time but miss working-miss the routine, the paycheck-thinking I might be home for a while-8-10 weeks-who knows? Can you relate?

The worse part is not being able to visit with folks. Most people enjoy visiting & having a bit of a "chin wag". Sitting in front of the computer or watching endless TV is not the same. Actually, too much of that can start playing tricks with your mind.

Yes there's many of us in the same position, stuck at home not allowed to go visit anyone or have anyone visit us.., we just have to make the best we can of it...sadly

Welcome101a.jpg

s-l300[1].jpg

Hi Connie.
We just got our first case today and at this point I really don't have anymore info as to whether some of us will be forced to stay home or whether we've even been exposed at this point. Sorry you're stuck at home.
(y) for the cat though.

Welcome from Florida
Hi,

I was planning a move to FL later this year-now with Covid 19 my plans are up in the air. Saved money for move-now I will probably use it to pay bills, etc. until I can get back to work. I am tired of cold weather-but-Pacific northwest is beautiful. Have lived in Oregon and Washington for many years.
Connie

View attachment 97023

Hi Connie.
We just got our first case today and at this point I really don't have anymore info as to whether some of us will be forced to stay home or whether we've even been exposed at this point. Sorry you're stuck at home.
(y) for the cat though.
Getting used to it-it's only been 1 week-I think it will be at least a month or two before I can go back to work.

Welcome to the SF @ConnieR from a member in Virginia....yeah we're all the same boat here but I'm used to indoor retirement for the last six years so isolating and going out here and there I'm already accustomed to.

Back