Suddenly I'm a hippie again..Crazy hair growth

fishmounter

I am a fairly healthy 68 year old man and I have noticed the hair on my head, which is almost gone on top and has gradually turned white,.. has started growing longer and faster than it has been since I was a young man. This is the hair on the back and sides of my head. It never did grow long in back and I rarely had to trim it there. It's getting longer and longer. I should cut it, but I'm curious as to how long it will get. Is this something that normally happens to some men (and women?) as we grow older, like how we get long hairs showing up on our ears, eyebrows, shoulders, arms, and how our fingernails and toenails seem to grow faster than ever before? My diet has not changed or my medications. Anyone else notice this?

I thought testosterone DEcreased with age..?
Yes you are right. It’s a hormonal change of less testosterone. Men have a loss of hair on their heads and a loss of erections however grow ‘more’ ear hair and more back hair.

Women go through similar hormonal changes. While we have estrogen and pro estrogen hormones, we also use testosterone and when it lessens we also lose our sex drive, gain weight in our middle and grow hairs in places we’d rather not like our chins.

It’s basically from hormone fluctuations that both sexes experience as we age.

Back