Super expensive DVD's

senior chef

Who else has noticed that many DVD's, especially the black and white DVD copies, have become incredibly expensive? Some of the ones I'd really like to have cost $100 USD.

Possibly availability?

My Amazon searches are yielding less and less decent buys

Of late, I've been hitting the thrift stores
Usually they run around a couple bucks

A search for a specific one.....good luck

Now days, I usually Roku my searches

Heh, we had over 500 DVDs at the cabin

I kinda miss that

I cut the darn cable over 2 decades ago. That means I am a big fan of old TV shows on DVD. I get all my stuff from Amazon. Most shows have CC or subtitles (Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Streets of San Francisco). Some do not; like Barney Miller or Kojak. If you are paying $100 for a DVD, it might be a boxed set. You can get good deals at Amazon if you are careful. I bought a boxed set of Cannon ("the biggest crime fighter of them all") for less than $50 Canadian. That show ran 5 years and there are 122 episodes. I also bought all 6 years of "Have Gun Will Travel" for $49.99 Canadian. Be ware of rip-off pricing.

Who else has noticed that many DVD's, especially the black and white DVD copies, have become incredibly expensive?
It is a shame, you'd think the old movies would be out of copyright and cheaper but they seem more expensive. I just make do with whatever I can find on Amazon Prime Video or free on channels that have commercials. I've seen some really weird old movies doing that. It seems like the acting was okay on movies in the 1930s but the stories were rather low quality, or maybe the transitions between parts of the story and scenes was rough.

Back