Supermarket Brawl Over Too Many Items In Express Lane

actually come to think of it Linda, I think that since the introduction of the self service checkouts in our stores some years ago, most of our supermarkets no longer have the 10 only item checkouts, but the do have ''basket '' only .
You are right hollydolly, the only restrfictions to numbers
of items that I know about is if you go to the cigarette kiosk,
they will only take 5 items and nothing that needs weighing.

Mike.

Cigarette kiosk? What is that? No tobacco sold in supermarkets here. Just got around to beer. A blessing.
In all of our supermarkets except Aldi and Lidl... we have always had Cigarette counters which are situated the the opposite side of the checkout tills, usually somewhere near the exit door. They combine to be customer service, as well as selling lottery tickets and cigarettes... it's always been the way, all of my life I've never known anything different. Supermarkets sell alcohol , cigarettes and OTC meds .
80b_0613.jpg

However you are permitted to take a small amount of items from grocery to the Cigarette counter, if there are large queues at the checkouts tills. I hate it if I have to go there for customer service.. and have to stand behind what I all the gamblers anonymous queues'' ..picking and choosing lottery tickets and scratch cards..it makes my hair stand on end!!

At our second home in Spain, no cigarettes are sold in grocery stores, nor are OTC medication.. Cigs can only be bought at dedicated government controlled Tabac shops... and OTC meds can only be bought at Farmacias

Back