Sure had some heavy rain overnight

We in coastal California have just concluded the wettest coldest winter in my memory - even snow on a local mountain. Now it’s June and that‘s behind us, or I thought it was until the latest weather report predicted the possibility of rain and thunder. Huh?

The past few weeks it’s rained almost daily which is very unusual for northern Nevada. We had a week break and now they are predicting another week of it. It’s usually afternoon or early evening. We get so little rain normally that I am really enjoying it.

The past few weeks it’s rained almost daily which is very unusual for northern Nevada. We had a week break and now they are predicting another week of it. It’s usually afternoon or early evening. We get so little rain normally that I am really enjoying it.
Unexpected rain is always welcome. Very pleasant lying in bed listening to the rain. Perth needs plenty of rain to fill the dams which are at 49% capacity across the metropolitan region.
Yesterday (Monday 5th June - was Perth’s highest recorded 24 hour June rainfall since June 22 1993, at 71mm.
3 days of rainfall this month, 1st, 5th and 6th of June has seen 105mm - 4 1/8th" dumped on the Perth metropolitan catchment.

Last edited:
We in coastal California have just concluded the wettest coldest winter in my memory - even snow on a local mountain. Now it’s June and that‘s behind us, or I thought it was until the latest weather report predicted the possibility of rain and thunder. Huh?
This is how my mind works, but I wonder where we will be 5 years from now?

It has been raining almost daily for the past month in Reno and very cool. I have been here 26 years and never saw anything like it. We had record snowfall and the ski resorts may not even have to close this summer. Reno is the high desert.

I am hidden under an umbrella, Zeus can not see me. ⚡ :)
”These charges may pass through the metallic rod of the umbrella to the person carrying it. Hence, the person might get severe electric shock and die. Thus, it is not advisable and safe to go out with an umbrella when there is heavy rain, lightning or thunder.”

We’re also desperate for rain. Not a blustery day with pockets of rain, a darn good downpour.

Back