Sweats and pajamas

Pecos

I think that I am using this situation as an excuse to spend the bulk of my day in my pajamas or my sweats. I am not going anywhere, and no one is coming to visit so if you show up on my doorstep before 10:30, I am likely to still be in my comfy pajamas. I change into sweats to do my chores and my exercises, then back into pajamas by 7 PM.
My wife does the greater bulk of our shopping, but even when I do go pick something up, well sweats are just fine with me.
Among other things, this virus is a Royal Nuisance, but by golly, I am going to be comfortable.

Lets hear it for being comfortable!!

Staying home has definitely thrown off my schedule.

I normally try to get out every morning for a couple of hours and that means a shower change of clothes, etc...

With social isolation, I find myself drinking more coffee and showering at 3:00 pm, I'm starting to get used to it.

I've actually been wondering if this crisis is the beginning of a new phase of retirement/old age for me. I'm beginning to adapt to staying home and only going out once a week, not spending as much money, using the car, etc... Living in this deeper cozier rut may actually become my new normal.

Last edited:
I think that I am using this situation as an excuse to spend the bulk of my day in my pajamas or my sweats. I am not going anywhere, and no one is coming to visit so if you show up on my doorstep before 10:30, I am likely to still be in my comfy pajamas. I change into sweats to do my chores and my exercises, then back into pajamas by 7 PM.
My wife does the greater bulk of our shopping, but even when I do go pick something up, well sweats are just fine with me.
Among other things, this virus is a Royal Nuisance, but by golly, I am going to be comfortable.

I don't wear pajamas, but if I'm home I definitely want to be comfortable and will be in sweats and a tee shirt. I don't wear sweats when I go out, jeans or cargo pants will do.

Wonder if the clothing companies will make a comeback? I also shower morning and before bed at night ,(so I'll smell good in case my dream lover comes along), I still wear levis and zip hoodies or henleys cause they're so comfy! No pjs. Stayin' in though! Don't see anyone!

I always wear sweats, leggings and baggy tops at home at this time of year anyway so no change there, still showering each morning, blow drying my hair and wearing a little make up as my daughter and I have coffee together each morning on FaceTime and she would think the end of the world was coming if I didn’t bother ! :oops:

I’m spending more on food etc. as the prices have (predictably) risen dramatically

I always wear sweats, leggings and baggy tops at home at this time of year anyway so no change there, still showering each morning, blow drying my hair

Me too ! I never wear PJ's in the house...( or even to bed for that matter)... but I do wear clean joggers or leggings every day , and some kind of top when I'm home depending on how warm it is. Yesterday I was in the garden in crops and a sleeveless blouse . Today it's not so warm, and overcast so I've got joggers and an oversized blue herringbone sweater on...

I'm barely going out at the moment like everyone.. , but I get dressed properly when I do, and then as soon as I get home I change back into my joggers etc... No visitors allowed currently so I don't have to be concerned that I have to be dressed and made -up for them .

I haven't noticed the rise in food prices because I really haven't shopped for much lately, but I'll have a look next time I do... and yes the great thing about all this is that my bank balance is very healthy because I'm not spending .

Oh yes! I'm in a comfy bathrobe (of which I already had a good supply) unless I'm outside working on the yard - then it is "mud wear" -then shower - then bathrobe... By now, I think the neighborhood has learned that I have no fashion sense /-; I don't care - we all need to comfort ourselves in trying times. But, I'm now Skyping for the first time ever - have to remember to close the robe!

Back