Taiwan achieves 200 days of no locally transmitted cases of Covid-19

And if you’re a small island.

I agree this is definitely much easier to implement on an island where it's easy to close your borders. However I think we can still learn lessons from their experience and apply them here to lessen the impact of Covid 19.

And even though Taiwan is small, their population of 23 mission is only surpassed by the populations of two states, California and Texas with Florida coming in at almost 22 million according to the population data I was looking at.

Attitude is a big component. As are leaders with clear messages.

That (attitude), IS the biggest problem we face in the U.S. A major share of the population thinks this virus is of little concern, and refuse to follow the recommendations. That, coupled with politicians using this virus as a campaign issue, is causing our numbers to continue to rise.

That (attitude), IS the biggest problem we face in the U.S. A major share of the population thinks this virus is of little concern, and refuse to follow the recommendations. That, coupled with politicians using this virus as a campaign issue, is causing our numbers to continue to rise.
I totally agree with Don, sadly I lost a friend for that very reason. A young man, did not feel it was a threat and that the virus was a total fabrication. He said many times its just a fabrication to sell the news. He refused to wear a mask and went every where and anywhere without one. Would not provide any protection for himself or others. He passed at 52 due to virus.

Back