Taste in TV shows, why there is more than one channel

Manatee

No politics here

I get tired of TV shows set in either NY or L.A. Nothing could get me to live in either place and I prefer to see other places on the screen.

How about a cop show based in Las Cruces NM, Nashville TN or Halifax NS?

Tony Hillerman's excellent stories set on the Navajo reservation have only appeared once or twice ever.

What would you like to see?

If you like cop shows set in the sticks, there's Longmire, set in rural Wyoming, and Justified, set in Harlan County, KY. Netflix and Amazon Prime respectively.

I'm kind of tired of all TV shows. One like another. I do like Bluebloods, and Longmire. We get movies from the library,some of those are pretty good. Even the made for TV drama's are all pretty much the same. Thank goodness for books.

I end up watching reruns of stuff from the 60s, 70s, etc. And American Pickers. Almost never watch the traditional NBC/ABC/CBS stations at all

I enjoy the Living in Alaska, type of shows. Hardly watch the main networks at all. Antiques Roadshow is a favorite. Watch mostly History channel and other closely related shows. I do watch ABC nightly news, mostly commercials, channel.

I'm kind of tired of all TV shows. One like another. I do like Bluebloods, and Longmire. We get movies from the library,some of those are pretty good. Even the made for TV drama's are all pretty much the same. Thank goodness for books.
I know what you mean about losing interest in many of them because they seem so "repackaged". I enjoy reading more now. I started out with a Kindle tablet with Amazon Prime (you get 2 day shipping, movies, some books, music) and upped my game to Kindle Unlimited (another $10/month) for a better selection. I have gravitated towards the books that include Audible (many of the Unlimited selection have that included for free) so that I can read along with it being read to me. Turned out I spend more time in my car than I realize and I can use Bluetooth to have the book read to me while I am driving around. I love that, it's a whole new thing, something akin to old time radio programs that predate TV.

No politics here

I get tired of TV shows set in either NY or L.A. Nothing could get me to live in either place and I prefer to see other places on the screen.

How about a cop show based in Las Cruces NM, Nashville TN or Halifax NS?

Tony Hillerman's excellent stories set on the Navajo reservation have only appeared once or twice ever.

What would you like to see?

Or you could check out some of the great crime dramas on Netflix. Lots of them and set in different countries.

Broadchurch
Scott and Bailie
Wallander
Luther
The Killing
Sherlock
Southcliff
Happy Valley

We record a lot of old movies from Turner Classic Movies and GetTV and watch them at our convenience. Never watch any remakes, they are never as good as the original.

I cut the cable several years ago. I watch stuff on either Netflix or Acorn TV. Netflix seems to be deteriorating in their selection, and I mostly watch Acorn. Acorn is British programming and has some wonderful stuff, like Midsomer Murders, Poirot, and many newer things. They have a great selection and only cost $5 per month and you can stream it on your Roku device. They get new stuff every month.

Search your system for "Taggart", a Scottish detective
series set in Glasgow mainly and they speak a version
of English that everybody understands.

Or you could watch BBC America/Canada on line.

Mike.

Well apparently you haven't watched Hawaii Five-0. Easy on the eyes cast, beautiful scenery, the story lines are always good and it is one of my favorite shows. CBS...9:00 p.m. eastern time. Check it out.

Makes me realize how spoiled I am when I can't find a thing to watch when we've got all those cable channels, HBO, Netflix and Amazon. Means it's time to turn off the remote and find something constructive to do.

If you like cop shows set in the sticks, there's Longmire, set in rural Wyoming, and Justified, set in Harlan County, KY. Netflix and Amazon Prime respectively.

+1 for Longmire.. Season 1 through 5 on netflix; season 6 being produced this year, will premiere in the fall.

Back