Texas Freeze Aftermath!

That certainly is a shame. It will be difficult not seeing your usual plants around your home.
Hopefully within time some of them will grow back. Wishing you the best.
That's the problem with ornamental shrubbery, unless there's uniform growth throughout, the ornamental value has been lost.

Best to start from scratch.

That's the problem with ornamental shrubbery, unless there's uniform growth throughout, the ornamental value has been lost.

Best to start from scratch.
Yes the full growth may never come back.
What kind of plants are they Ken? One looks like Mexican Heather? Thinking to let them sit for a month and they will come back from the roots if your ground didn't get frozen. Sometimes you yank them out of the ground too soon. Keep them watered good and maybe shake some fertilizer on them.
I don't really know what they are called. A nursery told my son that if they have any green, around the bottom,to pull off the dead leaves to leave room for new buds to grow out..Time will tell but it does not look good..

Nursery's are now running are out of plants as they too have been hit with the freeze!! Some said they will take about 3 years to bounce back!!

We were at Lowe's yesterday and the garden center looked like a war zone...people everywhere buying shrubs, shrubs,
shrubs!

Our Sago Palms look like monsters from outer space...had all the frons cut off so the new growth could well "grow".
I'll try to take a picture, but I promise you, it won't be pretty.

Oh, that's a bummer for any gardener! So sorry to see the damage.

We're in yet another drought here in CA so it's going to be a rough year for my garden. Lesson learned; next life I will buy a LARGE house with a SMALL garden, and not the other way around!

LOL!
Were you around in the seventies when the drought went on and on and on? Lots of dirty cars and dead lawns.

@Ken N Tx that is such a shame. It is heartbreaking. Every spring I walk around our yard hoping nothing froze out over the winter.
We put freeze cloth around some of the plants that are more tropical. It protects down to 24°. Think the only thing we lost this year was a big old Rosemary bush...it was starting to die anyway, it was older than dirt. Also lost the pool pump. Hard to cocoon a swimming pool pump!

Back