Thai red curry with shrimp

CarolfromTX

Hubs has taken over the cooking since he retired. This is what we had for dinner last night. It was fabulous!! The only substitution I would advise making is you can use regular fresh basil instead of Thai basil. We grow own own Thai basil, so it's easy for us to get.

THAI RED CURRY WITH SHRIMP

2 tsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp. red curry paste

¼ cup coconut milk
1 TBS fish sauce

2 tsp. brown sugar
¼ cup chicken broth

½ tsp. cornstarch
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips

4 oz. snap peas

8 oz. shrimp
¼ cup Thai basil leaves

2 tsp. lime juice

Heat oil over high heat until shimmering. Add curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Whisk corn starch and broth together then add to skillet. Bring to simmer. add bell pepper and snap peas and simmer until veggies are tender-crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with additional curry paste to taste. Stir in shrimp and continue to simmer until shrimp are cooked, 3 to 5 minutes. Off heat, stir in basil and lime juice. Serve over rice. Serves 2.

Sounds great Carol, lately when we get Panang shrimp curry we'll add some scallops in there when we get it home, we either take out or have it delivered. I've never attempted to make any homemade though.

my DIL is Thai - their house always smells like a Bangkok street stall!! I may be prejudice but Thai food unbelievable

Back