The 11th Hour with Brian Williams on MSNBC

I'm hoping that these individuals have been asked to take time off due to large accrued vacation hours. I know that is how we did it at hospitals where I worked. Years later, you could get an amount of accrued vacations hour paid.

Last edited:
I'm a long time fan of Brian Williams,have watched his show The 11th Hour from the beginning,love it
I know he has a summer place in New Jersey,it might have been damaged during the recent storm that hit through the area could be the reason why he's been off
I also hope he is okay Sue

With the rating dropping like a rock on all networks there will probably be more people missing soon. People are getting to where they don't trust the media and the government anymore. The news is the same day after day, shootings, robbery, covid, cancel culture and so on. I DVR the news at 11 PM and later fast forward it to the Weather and sometimes they don't get the weather forecast correct here in the Tidewater Virginia area.

We don't subscribe to MSNBC, but I watch Brian Williams when his videos show up in my YouTube feed. It does seem strange that there's no info regarding his sudden disappearance. It could be that he was abducted by aliens. :unsure:

Of course, I don't know either,:unsure:
but it's interesting that both of the mentioned people are not on, recently.

My guess is that it's the time of the year, for that position to have vacation leaves, due to the season, and also possibly due to the fact that,
because under more usual circumstances,
there would be less going on in D.C. and with the types of topics they cover,
at this time of the summer and the congress sessions, election cycles, etc.

Likely these are leaves that were scheduled long ago, and due also to fewer people watch TV in mid-summer,
and it might be considered too routine, therefore, to announce;

But nothing is really normal any more :rolleyes::confused:
for the country or for any of us.....
so we do wonder more.....:(o_O:oops:

I'm hoping these people that have gone missing are indeed on vacation. Katy Tur has been gone; she's on maternity leave. That's my husband's girlfriend. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I enjoy Brian Williams. Good sense of humor. Jack Paar used to take a lot of vacation time and so did Johnny Carson. Jimmy Kimmel has been off a couples weeks.

Cable news media all reported their news around one person. He's gone now. He told them if he leaves the news media ratings will drop like a rock. I believe he was right. No more excitement, just the boring covid news and no one is listening to that. Y'all can believe what you want to believe but follow the timeline and then look at the ratings. Like he use to say on his program, "You're Fired" ;)

Has Brian returned? I like his show a lot…hope he’s not leaving.

Sounds like Rachel is leaving in the spring. Makes me sad…really enjoy her show.

Brian Williams may be leaving his 11 p.m. MSNBC program The 11th Hour at some point in 2022. This is being reported by CNN's Brian Stelter, who is citing three sources familiar with the matter. Williams' contract will expire in the next six months and he wants to move off the show, Stelter reports.Aug 25, 2021

He has been off for 6 working days. Not even sure if he'll be on later tonight.
Pam,he usually takes off the last week in August including Labor Day Mon.I don't know if he was on last night.
If Brian does decide to leave,it will be a sad day in my opinion. His show is the only one I watch on a regular basis,its informative,has great guests, love his wicked sense of humor.I don't watch any other shows at MSNBC though I do like hosts Nichole Wallace,Ali Veshi Sue

Pam,he usually takes off the last week in August including Labor Day Mon.I don't know if he was on last night.
If Brian does decide to leave,it will be a sad day in my opinion. His show is the only one I watch on a regular basis,its informative,has great guests, love his wicked sense of humor.I don't watch any other shows at MSNBC though I do like hosts Nichole Wallace,Ali Veshi Sue
Yes, he was on the TV, last night. Both hubby and I enjoy his show as well.

Brian Williams to sign off on MSNBC for the last time before departing from NBC​

Well, tonight was his last night on the 11th Hour. I will miss him. After 28 years at NBC, Brian Williams is signing off from the network for the last time.

The anchor, 62, is scheduled to host his final episode of "The 11th Hour With Brian Williams" on the 9th of December, 2021.

Back