The Best Hard-Boiled Egg Method

Interesting, right up my ally as I eat hard boiled eggs for breakfast every morning.

What works best for me: bring eggs to boil, let boil for 3 minutes, then take off burner and let cool.
Peeling: for fool proof peeling- put egg in drinking glass with water, put hand over top of glass and shake horizontally for 20 seconds. Peeling is perfect!

I pressure cook them on a trivet or rack in the Instant Pot for 2 minutes, pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then put in cold water immediately for a few minutes. Peel will come off very easily. I only use them method now. You can make a whole dozen or more using this method,

I lower the eggs into briskly boiling water and keep them on a rolling simmer for 10 minutes. Then I run the pot under cold water for a minute or 2 until they're cool to handle ... then roll them on the counter top to crunch up the shell to peel

I lower the eggs into briskly boiling water and keep them on a rolling simmer for 10 minutes. Then I run the pot under cold water for a minute or 2 until they're cool to handle ... then roll them on the counter top to crunch up the shell to peel
That's the method I use, too. It works every time, and the shells come off easily, usually in two pieces.

I bought an egg cooker at target, it was about 7 dollars. Put 7 eggs in it. Prick the large end. Add about a tablespoon of water, plug in, about 7 minutes later timer goes off and hard boiled eggs. Put them in a bowl of cold water for a minute, roll on paper plate to crack shell, and they peel really easy.

No more dealing with boiling water and practically instant eggs.

Interesting, right up my ally as I eat hard boiled eggs for breakfast every morning.

What works best for me: bring eggs to boil, let boil for 3 minutes, then take off burner and let cool.
Peeling: for fool proof peeling- put egg in drinking glass with water, put hand over top of glass and shake horizontally for 20 seconds. Peeling is perfect!
Similar method - boil for 5 minutes and allow the eggs cool in the cooking water. Since I never liked to eat hard boiled eggs while they were hot, this worked fine for me.

In my experience, the ease of egg peeling has less to do with method and more with freshness. Eggs that are a few weeks old are much easier to peel than very fresh eggs.

Back