The case of the lady of the dunes

chic

SF VIP
The lady of the dunes was an unknown woman found murdered in Provincetown in July 1974. Her head had been bashed in though she still had a blue bandana around it. She wore wrangler jeans which had been stripped off and used as a pillow for her head. No suspect was ever caught. Some thought she might have been a victim of Whitey Bulger. But Joe Hill, (Stephen King's son) believes she had been an extra in the movie "Jaws" based upon a woman he saw in a crowd seen wearing the same sort of blue bandana and he's been investing this possibility.

So far that's all there is on the story. Her body was arranged post mortem, the killer had time? But the place was over grown and secluded and her remains were badly decomposed by the time they were found. I doubt this one will ever be solved.

The lady of the dunes was an unknown woman found murdered in Provincetown in July 1974. Her head had been bashed in though she still had a blue bandana around it. She wore wrangler jeans which had been stripped off and used as a pillow for her head. No suspect was ever caught. Some thought she might have been a victim of Whitey Bulger. But Joe Hill, (Stephen King's son) believes she had been an extra in the movie "Jaws" based upon a woman he saw in a crowd seen wearing the same sort of blue bandana and he's been investing this possibility.

So far that's all there is on the story. Her body was arranged post mortem, the killer had time? But the place was over grown and secluded and her remains were badly decomposed by the time they were found. I doubt this one will ever be solved.
Whitey Bulgar, pure evil.

Whitey Bulgar, pure evil.
I don't think Whitey would have spent any time arranging the body post mortem. Could have been someone who knew her and had a romantic tryst with her? Or it could have been a rape murder. If I'm not mistaken tire skid marks were found scored deeply in the ground nearby indicating perhaps a disruption and need for a quick getaway.

Back