The Cat Who... Book Series.

Remy

I know these have been around for years and the author as passed. I've seen them in thrift stores but never bought one. I got one new and I'm reading it now. Easy reads to get your mind off things. I'll probably read more.

Anyone else read these? I did a search and didn't find them mentioned. Dated since it started in the 60's but that's OK.

I googled the title to this thread and got a ton of information! Yes, I've seen these in my library (currently locked) a million times.

Years ago, I did read many in that series. I did find them relaxing and funny, and interesting in parts.

It's nice to have some fiction that's a helpful type of distraction from worries or pain.

Good fiction also often includes interesting valid ideas and true information, about places and subjects, that the author researches and includes. That makes it more interesting to me, and even educational.

The most difficult roles to cast, would be those 2 amazing cats! :LOL:

Who would be good for that librarian? :)

They would make fun plays, as well. I'd never thought of it, Aunt Bea.

I hope you enjoy them, Remy. Which are you reading?

The most difficult roles to cast, would be those 2 amazing cats! :LOL:

Who would be good for that librarian? :)

They would make fun plays, as well. I'd never thought of it, Aunt Bea.

I hope you enjoy them, Remy. Which are you reading?
I just finished The Cat Who Turned on and Off. I'm going to order some more from Amazon starting with the first and second. I think this one was the third and I picked it up at the book store.

I'm not going thrift shopping right now, so I'll just pay full price and get some new for now.

For the cats I think they would have to use something animated like I think they did for Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Though with todays technology, it wouldn't be too hard to add the cats. I can't see the real ones cooperating too much. :)

Agreed, would make a great TV series or specials. We need some good stuff on TV. Too much junk.

I'm glad you shared the topic, by started this thread, Remy. :)

I'd forgotten how entertaining those stories were, and it's a good reminder for me,
of the simple positive distraction, of imagining story scenes and characters, and the actions of such uniquely gifted cats. ;)

I cannot remember specific details of the one you are reading, Remy, but I am sure I did read it, too.

I'm glad you shared the topic, by started this thread, Remy. :)

I'd forgotten how entertaining those stories were, and it's a good reminder for me,
of the simple positive distraction, of imagining story scenes and characters, and the actions of such uniquely gifted cats. ;)

I cannot remember specific details of the one you are reading, Remy, but I am sure I did read it, too.
This was the one set in "Junktown" with all the antique dealers and the mysterious lady they called the "dragon" where the reporter rented an apartment above one of the antique stores. The inept dealer with the strange shop ended up being an undercover officer as they were looking into drug dealing in the area.

Thanks for the reply, Remy.:)
I have thought I might find those stories and characters entertaining again....
I had gotten them at the library, many years ago, when I read them.

I am considering trying to figure out if/how I can order a couple, now, to read again, and if I could get them onto some device that enlarges, enough for me to be able to.

Back