The Derek Chauvin Trial

Chet

I saw the opening statements on TV this morning. I have formed an early opinion on his guilt or innocence which I should keep to myself until I hear more. Segments of the general public however will not, and I'm afraid it will influence their reaction.

Well they're told ( the jury ) that they must not read anything about the case... or discuss it with anyone including other jurors outside the jury room.

They were questioned thoroughly before being sworn in as jurors as to how much they already knew about the situation, and what their feeling were. those who showed any bias towards either side, were quickly stood down as a potential juror...

Last edited:
I'm finding the trial very interesting. After hearing the opening statement from the prosecution I was all for second degree murder, then after I heard the opening statement from the defense I was down to third degree and I'm sure I'll be back and forth many times before it's done.

This is not a cut-and-dried situation (for me.) I think the jury will have to work very hard.

This young 911 dispatch operator has taught me so many things about how her job works. Ten hours! Four or five screens! She must go home exhausted.

Well, there are 3 possible outcomes/verdicts. Guilty, not guilty, hung jury.

Can he be retried after a hung jury, sure, but that is limited by Due Process. A state can't continue trying a person until they reach a unanimous verdict.

It's going to be on the Prosecution to convince the Jury, and imo, he's got a tough job.

I'm disappointed to hear that. A man died needlessly because of overzealous police. Remember Rodney King? Did you see them beating him mercilessly?
The cops don't need you and they expect the same.
I'm sorry you've totally lost me.:unsure:.. I totally agree George Floyd died needlessly, absolutely . It was a horrific thing to watch .

I don't understand your last sentence

Back