The Empire State Building

An example of art deco architecture.

After a few visits to the WTC they just seemed too sterile and cold. The ESB always exuded grace, charm and warmth. I always wondered why I never saw any employees until it was revealed that the employee entrance was on the Avenue.

I have been there many times. When my son was a child we made many trips to NY and would spend the week-end there. I used to love going there but now I can't do it. Nice memories though.

I believe the ESB has virtual tours, I'll check it out and get back to you.

I vividly recall that B-25 plowing into the ESB. For as many years as I have lived and worked in NYC, I never went into the ESB. I have walked by it countless times, but since had no business in there, just went on my merry way. Never in the Twin Towers either or a lot of tourist spots.

I vividly recall that B-25 plowing into the ESB. For as many years as I have lived and worked in NYC, I never went into the ESB. I have walked by it countless times, but since had no business in there, just went on my merry way. Never in the Twin Towers either or a lot of tourist spots.

That is just the way I feel with the Statue of Liberty, I never ever even considered it on my bucket list. Many Noo Yawkas could care less about a fair number of Noo Yawks tourist spots.

When I was there they were no longer allowing anyone to go into the top floor because they had too many people jumping. Plus after 9/11 they closed that top floor altogether. But where I was at there was steel or iron gating but I could see the insurance building down below that looked like a gold castle on top and got a pic of that. It was cool. I was ok till it got crowded and I got pushed around a little then I freaked out. LOL

Thanks FastTrax. We were at our summer place on Long Island when this happened. We had the radio on and it was starting out to be a lousy beach day. Worse day for Manhattan. It was all over the radio and the evening papers for a couple of days.

FastTrax ~ I love this post. Seems like I've been reading for over an hour. When I was a kid, my family visited NYC and we went to the top of the Empire State Bldg. I remember standing and looking out at the city from the bldg. like the picture you posted at the beginning of your post. I remembered the butterflies in my stomach when I looked down at the city. Thanks for the memories.

Thanks FastTrax. We were at our summer place on Long Island when this happened. We had the radio on and it was starting out to be a lousy beach day. Worse day for Manhattan. It was all over the radio and the evening papers for a couple of days.

FastTrax ~ I love this post. Seems like I've been reading for over an hour. When I was a kid, my family visited NYC and we went to the top of the Empire State Bldg. I remember standing and looking out at the city from the bldg. like the picture you posted at the beginning of your post. I remembered the butterflies in my stomach when I looked down at the city. Thanks for the memories.

One of the top five Icons I adore in Apple City.

1. Empire State Building
2. Grand Central Terminal
3. Museum of Natural History and the Planetarium
4. The Roosevelt Island Tram (At night)
5. Central Park

Last edited:
iu

Back