The GOOD NEWS Department

Tyler Perry Pays For Seniors' Groceries At 44 Krogers, 29 Winn-Dixies
April 9, 2020
Senior shoppers at 44 Kroger supermarkets across metro Atlanta got a wonderful surprise when they got to the register.

After getting ready to check out, the shoppers were told that Tyler Perry had paid their grocery tab in full.

"We would like to join our customers in thanking Mr. Perry for his kindness and generosity during this unprecedented pandemic," said Felix Turner, the corporate affairs manager for Kroger's Atlanta division. "It was truly a pleasure to see our customers fill with joy and gratitude as the news spread throughout 44 stores across metro Atlanta."

6nnsf-tyler-perry-pay-groceries-Atlanta.jpg

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news...rs-039-Groceries-At-44-Krogers-29-Winn-Dixies

I don't know why I hadn't ever noticed this thread in the past, but I am glad I just did.
I sorely need it!

Terrific last story, posted above.
Could they have asked to add a few more items, after having found out the good news? :ROFLMAO:

Neat idea, glad it's saving the lives of animals and people on the highway. đź‘Ť
https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news...More-Using-Utah-039-s-First-Wildlife-Overpass

The bridge's construction came after 46 deer, 14 moose, and four elk were killed on that stretch of highway in 2016 and 2017 alone.

"From what we can tell, the number of accidents there is down dramatically," UDOT spokesman John Gleason said. "At least initially, it appears the investment in safety is paying off. And we expected it to take several years before the animals got used to using it, so this is great."

My good news is I received the package from my youngest sister with my departed Mothers blanket. Mother was 90 and passed three weeks ago. All the women on my Grandmother's side lived well past their 90s. Mother was unlucky and developed a serious infection from a knee replacement from years ago. They removed the knee and were hoping to stop the infection, then try a new knee but it was not to be. My Mother told the doctors to stop torturing her and they finally respected her wishes. I was happy to get the blanket and will use it this weekend when the temps drop into the freezing zone with lots of rain and who knows what. I miss my phone calls to my Mother and also my younger Brother who passed last year on Mothers day. Keep moving and stay happy and have a peaceful life.

I'd love to see some good news stories from everyone. I'll start with one I saw today-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...travelers_n_7516326.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news

Two New Jersey state troopers have been praised for going above and beyond the call of duty -- with the help of a few pizza pies.

On Sunday night, travelers were reportedly stuck inside a New Jersey airport after a Spirit Airlines flight was canceled due to bad weather.

“This left a hundred plus customers stranded in a closed airport where no food or transportation was available,” Samantha Metallo wrote on Facebook Thursday, adding that the airline only offered the passengers cookies to sate their hunger.

Then, two state troopers stepped up to lend a hand.

The troopers, Mark Adotta and Joe Mercurio, “ordered and paid for 15 pizzas” out their own pockets to feed the stranded travelers, Metallo said.
Ah yes, we do have many redeeming qualities in my state and our troopers are the best. Thanks Radish Rose for posting this.

A Significant Win for the Planet: Leaded Gasoline Finally Eliminated Worldwide​

Leaded gas, one of our species’ great pollutants, is no longer made or used.

The last country which sold leaded gasoline, Algeria, ceased to do so this month, 41 years after the first country—Japan—made the decision.

Back