The guys with the buns in their hair.

I just can't stomach the guys with hair buns. I know this makes me sound like an old goat, who calls them, 'whippersnappers", but to me it's gross. I just saw a guy in the supermarket, who had this huge "Afro" type mound of hair with a bun in the back. I can understand the ripped jeans,( hey, I had bell bottoms), but I can't take the buns. I want this fad to be over.

I just can't stomach the guys with hair buns. I know this makes me sound like an old goat, who calls them, 'whippersnappers", but to me it's gross. I just saw a guy in the supermarket, who had this huge "Afro" type mound of hair with a bun in the back. I can understand the ripped jeans,( hey, I had bell bottoms), but I can't take the buns. I want this fad to be over.
Is this what you're talking about ? I don't like it either. Looks kinda dirty and "unkept".

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 4
Call me "old fashioned" but when my hair begins to bunch up over my ears, and hang over my shirt collar, it's time to visit the barber. I can't understand how some of these guys today keep from getting a head full of fleas....and these "afro" braids hanging way down over their shoulders.....how do they manage to keep their scalps from growing bugs?

Like everything else new, I found it strange at first but I'm over it. I don't think it's a bad look.
Well that's me, too. The buns don't bother me anymore, and I've gotten past the earrings everywhere, lip rings and even nose studs that look like boogies hanging out. I'm used to ripped jeans and tops so tight they show every bulge and ripple. What I simply can't get used to is "yoga pants" which will always look to me like someone, "walking in her winter underwear."

Call me "old fashioned" but when my hair begins to bunch up over my ears, and hang over my shirt collar, it's time to visit the barber. I can't understand how some of these guys today keep from getting a head full of fleas....and these "afro" braids hanging way down over their shoulders.....how do they manage to keep their scalps from growing bugs?
In my teens, I heard the same nonsense - older dolts telling me how "Dirty" my shoulder-length hair must be.
One friend of my mom's got embarrassed when she asked me how often I shampoo my hair (my mother talked her into asking me).
I replied, "Every day."
She said, "Ooooops, that's more often than I shampoo mine."
Then, I asked her, "How often do you brush your teeth?"
My mom started cursing me & I laughed.

How do you suppose women with long hair keep their scalps from growing bugs?

Another vote for CLEAN HAIR! What creeps me out are Dredlocks. And I don’t mean it in a racial way because there are a lot of NON African American men affecting that style. Once I had to stand close behind a guy with them in an airport line way before Social Distancing. It was disgusting.

In my teens, I heard the same nonsense - older dolts telling me how "Dirty" my shoulder-length hair must be.
One friend of my mom's got embarrassed when she asked me how often I shampoo my hair (my mother talked her into asking me).
I replied, "Every day."
She said, "Ooooops, that's more often than I shampoo mine."
Then, I asked her, "How often do you brush your teeth?"
My mom started cursing me & I laughed.

How do you suppose women with long hair keep their scalps from growing bugs?
I had the same problem. I once got called into an office while in college because my hair was "unkempt." It was very long and had some natural curl, so it was a little bit wild looking, but I washed it every day and combed it often.

Our whole generation got the "dirty hippie" label by women who had their hair done at salons once a week and did nothing to it in between but smooth over the top and add a layer of hairspray. Our faded jeans and tie died shirts were washed every day, while their tidy wool suits and dresses were sent to the cleaners once a year. We might have looked sloppy, but we were, and still are, the cleanest generation ever.

3 of my 4 boys had long hair in their 20s. And I’m taking REALLY long, well past their shoulder blades. It was always clean and luxurious, thick and healthy just like mine.

When their each, over time, decided to sport a short cut, they specifically went to a hairdresser that had an affiliation with Locks of Love, so they could donate their hair. I was touched.

One of them has since grown his back some. He’s mid 30’s now, Software Developer, sharp dresser, looks killer in a suit!! 💕 and he will put his hair up in a top knot most days.

I love man buns! And honestly, I think it’s sexist to discourage long hair on men. We don’t discourage short hair on women. Also, as someone who had long hair for 30+ years, It was so convenient to throw my hair up in a bun, sometimes a messy one, when it got in the way. Why can’t men have that same convenience?

Last edited:

Back