The Handiest Man

Damaged Goods

A backyard mechanic in the 'hood who bragged about his blue collar skills--and he was good, seems he could fix anything from internal combustion engines to TV repair-- was interrupted by his older bro who was also no slouch in that regard. Big bro said that the handiest "man" is the person who can reach deeply into the pockets and afford the best pro.

Of course, we've all run into self-proclaimed pros who have turned out to be schlubs.

Jimmy Jones "Handyman" - YouTube

A backyard mechanic in the 'hood who bragged about his blue collar skills--and he was good, seems he could fix anything from internal combustion engines to TV repair-- was interrupted by his older bro who was also no slouch in that regard. Big bro said that the handiest "man" is the person who can reach deeply into the pockets and afford the best pro.

Of course, we've all run into self-proclaimed pros who have turned out to be schlubs.

Jimmy Jones "Handyman" - YouTube
I love that song. ..just sayin'.... 🪚🛠️

Holly Dolly: YOU HAVE THE BEST TASTE IN MUSIC! HANDYMAN is one of my very favorite songs!

Damaged Goods: Shade tree mechanics were the BEST! They could drive your vehicle around the block and know exactly what was wrong from the sound and feel of it!
have you heard James Taylors' version... much slower tempo... love that too

Holly Dolly: YOU HAVE THE BEST TASTE IN MUSIC! HANDYMAN is one of my very favorite songs!

Damaged Goods: Shade tree mechanics were the BEST! They could drive your vehicle around the block and know exactly what was wrong from the sound and feel of it!
Unfortunately Ms. Gaer, there were no shade trees in the old 'hood unless you wanted to hump over to Herring Run Park. Maybe I shoulda driven my ride over there and sought out a mechanic. 🤔

Too late now tho.

Back