The Kentucky Derby

I'm a sucker for Traditions. Lots of sporting events out there, but some just have that 'It' thing.
The Derby, The Masters, Wimbledon Tennis are a few of those.
I'll watch the Derby and probably have my only Mint Julep of the year.
Same as finally getting tickets to an outer court match at Wimbledon in the 90's and had 'Strawberries and Cream'.
Reminds me that as much and as quickly that life changes, some things remain the same.

I love watching horses run. They are beautiful, majestic animals and I'm fortunate to be surrounded by pastures aplenty here where I live. It's a joy making friends with many in the community. But racing is disgusting. They are used, abused and die for the amusement of the wealthy. :mad:

Well, let's see now ........ Bob Baffert has been 'busted', for 310 medication/drug violations , 5 in the last 12 months , and has "won" the Kentucky Derby [ the most most prestigious [also said to be the most difficult] horse race in the world ] 6,7 times ! And not until now has anyone seen a red flag ???

What happens to those who won $$ / lost $$ on the 'results' as posted @ the end of the race?

Has anyone eaten the famous sandwich, the Kentucky Hot Brown?

iu

Well, let's see now ........ Bob Baffert has been 'busted', for 310 medication/drug violations , 5 in the last 12 months , and has "won" the Kentucky Derby [ the most most prestigious [also said to be the most difficult] horse race in the world ] 6,7 times ! And not until now has anyone seen a red flag ???

What happens to those who won $$ / lost $$ on the 'results' as posted @ the end of the race?

{310 medication/drug violations}

That was supposed to be 31 !! Not 310 ...... Sorry.

As we understand it, if they won bucks on the race they get to keep it. Say la ve for those who didn't.

Thanks.

As I see it, there could be lawsuits all over the place , in the coming days. Particularly from those that lost ?
I don't thing so rgp...of course anyone can sue for anything, but don't think they have bupkas chance of wining...the rule have probably been etched in stone for many years on drug usage.
Wonder what the stable camera's will show, though.

I don't thing so rgp...of course anyone can sue for anything, but don't think they have bupkas chance of wining...the rule have probably been etched in stone for many years on drug usage.
Wonder what the stable camera's will show, though.

That's why I used the word 'could' as opposed to 'will'. And yeah you're right but you know how some folks are .

Back