The last decade of our lives seems more challenging than the others-how do I/we survive

Aneeda72

First I want to apologize to all those who responded to the three threads I had started concerning mostly my daughter’s move to Texas. Those threads were 1. Old dog learns new tricks. 2. My daughter’s move and how it effects our family. 3. My daughter is apparently moving to El Paso, Texas.

I appreciate the time you took in responding, and thank those that responded. As I wrote those threads, and read your responses, I realized the issue was larger in scope than I realized. I realized I had started the threads in the wrong place. I had those threads deleted as they were repetitive to each other, confusing, and difficult to follow. I’ve moved the subject here so I can keep a running diary of my life from this point on.

I have also been greatly affected by many of the threads on the forum. Others people’s pain and frustrations as they deal with issues similar to mine; learning/experiencing how they cope with their issues as I attempt to cope with mine. Realizing that others, too, struggle with their own endings.

Speaking of the daughter, my daughter is calling, lol. The movers came yesterday, everything is out of the house except her and the family. She says they have nothing to do and nowhere to go so she is coming down to my house. And what are “we” doing today. Apparently, “we” are taking her and hers out to lunch.

I am thrilled to spend these last couple of weeks with her, but goodness, it’s going to be expensive on my budget. Will pick this up later.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
I found this poem when I was in my 20’s. My life was horrific at that time. I was married at 19. He was physically abusive, along with every other abusive situation you can think of. Neighbors called the cops a lot, but woman were chattels in those days. Dogs got better protection. Anyway, hopefully, it’s ok to share this.

The poem is called LIFE, by Nan Terrell Reed.

They told me that life could be just what I made it
Life could be fashioned and worn like a gown;
I, the designer; mine the decision
Whether to wear it with bonnet or crown.

And so I selected the prettiest pattern-
Life should be made of the rosiest hue-
Something unique, and a bit out of fashion,
One that perhaps would be chosen by few.

But other folks came and they leaned o’ver my shoulder;
Somebody questioned the ultimate cost;
Somebody tangled the thread I was using;
One day I found that my scissors were lost.

And somebody claimed the material faded;
Somebody said I’d be tired ere ‘twas worn;
Somebody’s fingers; too pointed and spiteful,
Snatched at the cloth, and I saw it was torn.

Oh! Somebody tried to do all the sewing,
Wanting always to advise or condone.
Here is my life, the product of many;
Where is that gown I could fashion - alone?

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Lovely, another sleepless night. Maybe I can bore myself to sleep by writing about my totally lame life.

This morning we pretty much emptied our quarter finished basement. Put all my husband’s LEGO creations in boxes and brought them up to the garage except the semi truck. Got to find a box for that, it’s big. Put all his Budweiser mugs in boxes. Finally found a home for them. A friend of his at work wants them. He's collected them for years.

My son took them when we moved three years ago. He wanted to sell them, found he couldn't, and back they came to us, lol. They found a nice home in the basement, but there will be no room for them in the apartment. Husband picked out about ten of them that he loves and will keep. The rest go to his friend. Glad I don’t have to drag them around anymore.

A friend of ours who lives down the street came to help us this morning. He gets the snowblower, the coffee table, a small table, a Costco fold up table, and any other bits and pieces that we don’t want, and won’t fit, into the apartment. He gets the ladder our daughter just gave us from her move.

We’ve known our friend for about a year. He’s a great guy. I told him he is my son from a previous life. We became fast friends nearly right away. When we first met him, he asked could he borrow our ladder, sure. It’s inside so I tell him to come in to get it. He’s says ok, follows me, and I can tell he’s uncomfortable, he leaves the front door open. Hmm. I hate flies.

I turn around, look him in the eyes, and ask him if he’s afraid I’ll rape him cause he’s left the door open. (Yes, yes I did.). I’ve never seen a black man blush before. I hit the nail on the head, kind of. He is a bit worried to be alone with the old white fat lady who he’s just met, and is a bit, ok, very chatty. I reassure him that he’s safe. Lol. He explains that you just never know

He’s right, you don’t. But he takes a leap of faith. He closes the door. gets the ladder, and we become friends. He has a wife, child, and MIL who lives with him. One year later is terribly upset that we are moving. I mean, gee, we are moving a half mile away. I tell him he can walk his dog to our place and visit every Saturday.

But he says he can’t see us from his house everyday. Can’t be sure we are fine. We are fine, I tell him. Everyone in the neighborhood equates us with their parents. We are the oldest kids on the block. Everyone always offers to help us. When we move, he will help us move. He will water our plants when we are on vacation, watch the house, be there for us.

My husband’s little lung cancer is a big deal. We have to get in a better financial position. I have to be prepared for my husband to die. We can’t have this mortgage. I’ve explained this before to him. I wrote on another thread about the diversity of our neighborhood. He is black, his wife is Guam (I don’t know what race that is considered to be. I am not interested enough to google it.). We are close friends. I’ve met his grandchildren, he’s met my great grandchildren. We are all color blind.

He is always making fun of my being white though. Not being a politically correct person, I asked my son if I can make fun of him being black. Nope. Absolutely, not. Hmm. Ok, a few lame jokes-one of my favorites-“What do you call a black man who flies an airplane?” A few guesses, all wrong, the answer, of course, is a pilot. I knew he’d over think it.

Anyway, he brings the stuff up from the basement. What would have taken my husband all day takes him an hour. He is always so respectful of my husband as a man. Making sure my husband doesn’t feel useless or weak in any way. His father did a great job of raising him. We are so fortunate to have them as friends.

Daughter shows up, with her daughter and the great granddaughter. Baby LOVES great grandpa. We will miss them so much. We invite our friend to go to lunch with us. He says he’s got a vet appointment. So we kick him home, tell our daughter to run her errands, and we will return stuff to the store, get Joey, and meet up for lunch.

I had a lightbulb moment yesterday. (To be continued)

Aneeda72

Original Poster
My brilliant lightbulb moment was that some of the things we purchased we bought within the last year at big box stores. YAY. So I say to my husband, instead of trying to give this stuff away let’s return it. And I ask him, why didn’t you think of this? Lol. So the recliner and bed topper we bought a couple of months ago went back, neither were used, and we got four hundred bucks.

Daughter and family came down yesterday and we took them to Olive Garden. Five adults and one hungry baby costs 160.00. Olive Garden had a special 5 dollar take home a pasta dinner and we bought five of those. She has no dishes, no silverware, no food as everything has been packed and shipped to Texas. This gave them dinner as well.

While eating lunch, she mentions she will pay for breakfast tomorrow. Sigh. Joey, busily stuffing pasta into his face pauses, chews, swallows, and looks at us. Eyes, bright and shining, ears pointed forward, head up, and he says, “We’re going to breakfast tomorrow? Cool.” I look at my daughter. Sigh. She shrugs. Yup, we are going to breakfast tomorrow.

We just weren’t taking Joey to breakfast tomorrow, until now. Now we are taking Joey. Now we have to drive out to his house, pick him up, and then drive him home. Yup, swell. Daughter’s husband is coming to breakfast tomorrow as well. He is working today. She says she will pay for tomorrow, discussion, we agree.

Today we all go to breakfast. The restaurant doesn’t have high chairs so baby is in a booster seat. At one point, her mom is trying to get a bite of food, baby slips a bit forward and mom grabs her chest by putting the flat of her hand in front and pushing her back. Her fall forward is stopped. Everything is fine. But my daughter is super critical.

Baby’s mom was too rough. (She wasn’t). She makes a big deal of it. Her husband chimes in. Joey tries to chime in and is told to hush by me. My husband and I watch the drama play out. We have learned that saying anything makes it worst for my granddaughter. I stuff some eggs in my mouth, chew, chew, chew.

My daughter changes places with her daughter. “I guess I’ll have to care for the baby, again.” She announces. Err. I just keep chewing my now liquid eggs. They change places. Granddaughter tries to explain, she is hushed. I swallow. Granddaughter who has yet to get a bite of food, stares at her plate. You food is getting cold, sweetie, eat.

Granddaughter is upset, but eats. I tell a story about a time when I was a single mother and had to stay with my mother. My daughter adds a similar story of something grandma did to her that she remembers. My daughter adds “but grandmother was/is crazy.” Hmm. Then the crazy happens, karma, the hand of fate, god, my daughters looks away for one second.

Baby slips out of the booster chair and falls onto the bench seat below, just missing hitting her chin. She is fine. All is well. My daughter says, wow, I only looked away for a second. My granddaughter and I look at each other and share a secret smile. All is well again. I tell my granddaughter to get some ham, it’s great.

She gets into the buffet line with me close behind her. I’ve got the baby sitting on my walker, she has orders to watch and make sure I don’t let the baby fall. I put my arm around her, she says I wasn’t rough with the baby. I say I know, hon. Your mom had a different view point than I did. Your mom was just frightened.

I stayed with my mom for a while when I was a single mother, I tell her. My mother never bought stuff for my baby. She never babysat. She never took us out. She never helped. She let us stay, at her place, in a single room together. Your mom does everything for you both. She is just overwhelmed right now with the move. She loves you both so much.

There is a thread concerning wisdom on the forum. Maybe wisdom, for me, is walking behind my children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, keeping my opinions to myself. Picking up the little pieces of grief, hurt, frustration, and anger; then molding those feelings back into love and concern. It’s all I can do for my granddaughter. I hope is enough.

Help me find the ham, grandma. Yup, we found the ham. She eats breakfast. The three of us made it back to the table safe and sound. Finished we all leave. As I got on the elevator, they all lined up and I gave them a hug. We take Joey home. I keep my sadness and heartbreak to myself. It seems my whole life I keep my sadness and heartbreak to myself.

We will take you to see her next year, I say to Joey. Despite the fact I shouldn’t travel, I will have to. Next year, he says, I can’t wait that long. You will have to, I respond. (We will take him if his dad is still alive and well enough. We can’t tell him about the cancer. He would never stop crying.). Two more weeks and they are gone, off to Texas.

My daughter, on the way home, stops off to see her other brother who is in a group home. She tells him she is moving. She tells me he fine with it. He might be, he hasn’t seen her much the last three years. I am not fine with it. Two more weeks.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Went we came home from breakfast, we were supposed to work on the house. This is why didn’t go see our other son. We were working on the house. But now he’s tired, cause as usual, he sat at the end of the table, shoved as much food as possible into his mouth, ignoring everyone, and now his stomach hurts. 47 years of this anti social behavior.

He has got to work tonight, so he needs his nap. Ok. Nap over. He takes down the pictures off the wall. Fills the holes. He’s supposed to paint once the filling dries, but announces he’s too tired. From what? Stuffing his face? Taking a three hour nap? He fills the hole we recently found in a storage place in the basement. Now, he announces, he’s done.

I pack, I unpack. This is the majority of the work. I would move the stuff, but I am limited to lifting only 10 pounds, equal to a gallon of milk. I am, as usual, completely frustrated with such a lazy man. Sitting here, unable to sleep again, I decide most of what I pack will be stored. In fact, I am going to rent a storage garage, next week, (as discussed with my son) and on the weekend we will move all the packed stuff into it. My husband won’t like it. Too dang bad.

Since I can’t sleep again, I decide to, yup, pack more. Then I realize I can’t. Husband was too tired to go to the store so, yup, no bubble wrap. Sigh. But the storage ideal-that is so happening. He says he wants the apartment. He said that last time. I don’t trust him. I’ve told him, this time, we are doing what is best for me. I’m not sure what’s best yet. Storage is the answer for now. I want to discuss things with my son. Daughter is out of the picture. She is too stressed anyway.

I can do without my things for a few months. The important thing is to get the house sold. Get an apartment nearby with a six month lease. Pay the rest of the money for our cremations and interment. Pay off the credit card and my car. Then see what money is left and make plans from there. This makes sense. Oh, and get the Disneyland vacation over with. Then there will be breathing room.

I was able to return to the big box stores another 1200 in merchandise and that money was put back on various accounts. Just waiting for those credits to show up. That will be another issue that is taken care of. Just a few things are left in the basement. I desperately want to bring them upstairs, but won’t risk it. I hate being disabled!

The necessity of dependence drives me insane. But I’ve only been out of the wheelchair since last, hmm, August. I have got to be reasonable with myself. The stuff downstairs will be moved tomorrow. No matter what his excuse. This is the problem for us all who struggle with social isolation. No one to bounce your thoughts off.

And we are all busy next Saturday. Just remembered. The stupid iron rail celebration thing. We are all going except daughter and family. Although she is done working, she won’t come. It would let my son’s daughter and family say a final good-bye which would be nice. But, nope, she refuses.

I suppose it’s not really stupid. I’ll be with the other granddaughter and great grandchildren who are so cute. I will pack a picnic lunch. The day will be great. I am so dang frustrated. Too much to do, too little time.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
My husband said he has now brought in all the packing containers from the garage. We used plastic containers and kept them all. I look around. Today I’ll get the rest of the containers out of the garage, he hasn’t brought them all in. Today I’ll go buy bubble wrap for the rest of the pictures. Today I’ll finish packing up the second upstairs bedroom, used as our study.

I will have to wait for him to move the computer downstairs. Move the bookcases into the garage and another room is finished and cleared. There is no going back. We have to sell the house. He can’t change his mind. We really only have two items we need help moving. One my large recliner which does not come apart. Two, a large tv cabinet.

I love the cabinet, but we chose it because it went well with the color we painted the walls. We will see if the new owners want it. I am making good progress with the packing. I should be finished a week before vacation as long as my husband cooperates. At least that is my plan.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
More packing today. Husband woke up in a better mood so got quite a bit more done. Lots more bookcases moved into the garage. He agreed we needed to rent the storage and will do so tomorrow, hopefully it’s not rented out today. But, boy, it is expensive. 145 dollars a month, but it is month to month. Maybe we will only need it for a couple months.

It is so hard dealing with all these stressors at one time. I am not equipped to handle any of this at this stage of my life. I look back and realize I coped better when I was younger because, when I was younger, my attitude was different. I knew there were plenty of chances to get it right. Mistakes were no big deal. Choices seemed simpler. Not so now.

Choices are complicated, and more final. Our choices now effect our family down to our great grandchildren. The choices our younger selfs made affected our small nuclear family. The ripple effect was smaller, easier to correct, not so now. The question of what to do about elderly failing parents, when you are the elderly failing parents, is mind blowing.

Reading the forum, in some respects increases my self doubt. I am second guessing myself constantly. My husband now agrees, 3 years later, his insistence on buying this house was wrong. Little comfort now, this admission. Plus, we won’t be able to get another house, should he hate the apartment again. Once this house is sold, our fate is sealed.

I tried to tell him no stairs. But since he wasn’t having problems with stairs, and didn’t care that I did, we bought the house. Now he is having trouble with stairs, so we sell and move. With my daughter moving in two weeks, my son busy working two jobs, dealing with his children and grandchildren, a girlfriend-little wonder he has little time for us.

Makes it even more important that our neighbor is so willing to help us. We simply would be lost without him. I read the forum, only been here a short while, and see where a few people think they have plans in place. I thought we had plans in place. Seems we don’t. I second guess myself all the time.

I know I am rambling. I include my ramblings so anyone can see the reality of my position. It is just so hard. Plus, Grace, my puppy comes home in two weeks. Do I keep her? Do I rehome her? I mentioned to my husband maybe we should go dogless. They are an added monthly expense, and a lot of work. Plus, the ongoing training for both of them.

No, we keep the dogs. Two large dogs in an apartment, one a 6 month old puppy, how will we do it? How will I do it, as it will fall to me. It is unclear to me at the moment, and when/if my husband dies. I can’t keep his dog for sure, and probably not mine. Ugh. A long stream of never ending questions, never ending decisions, and never ending self doubt.

Tomorrow I have got to see about that storage.

Leann

Aneeda, thank you for sharing your experiences. I can't imagine how difficult all of this must be for you. I admire your candor. You're making a lot of decisions now that I hope will eventually bring you peace and time to just "be". Please continue to write and share.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Thanks LeAnn.

Made the decision to re home Grace. Just not fair to her to keep her. Lab puppies need a yard. My husband won’t part with Koda, but with what’s ahead of him it’s best he keeps his dog, I suppose. I am trying not to be resentful.

My worst nightmare-stuck taking care of a man who has emotionally abused me for our entire marriage. And yet, it’s another crazy paradox. He’s supported me financially, paid for my medical treatments which have been many, and been as good a provider as he could be. Constantly saying I just didn’t understand him. Constantly blaming me for everything that goes wrong.

Tried to blame me for his stupid cancer.

Then we get the memory testing done. Suddenly all the doctors are surprised that everything I have said over the years must be true. My husband’s surprised to learn he’s such a jerk. Lol. The testing doesn’t lie. Suddenly, my refusal of getting marriage counseling makes sense to them, and I’m advised not to go to counseling with him.

I might be in danger. Really, you think? And now, all this other crap.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Found a home for my yard statues. Our friend is really excited which makes me feel better. Lol, he said where’s the brown and white chicken? I thought about stealing it. :)

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Rained yesterday so no painting got done. Did a lot of running around that needed to be done. Then when we got home asked husband to put closet door back on. He had taken my closet door off a while back to paint it, but he never did. I asked him to put it back up. He couldn’t do it.

Said the screws that held it up for twenty years before, would not hold it up now. Yup, I’m buying that dead horse. He has to wait till tomorrow to go buy new longer screws, and then he’ll put the door up. Yup. Now, he says, I am going to go watch tv. My husband is big on announcements. He must announce to me everything he is going to do.

But, if he leaves the house to go do something, and is due back at a certain time, he won’t call. Nope, when he is out and about I can simply sit and wait for him to once again magically appear. Because he wants me to call and see what’s going on, he wants me to check on him. I used to, I don’t anymore.

This is a control issue. I try to engage in his control issues as little as possible. It gets so complicated, and he is so good at it. He wants me to ask him why he can’t go get those screws this afternoon. At one time I would have. Then it’s not about simply putting the door up, it’s about why he can’t go get those screws. Then it’s an argument. He like to argue. I don’t.

So, he can get the screws tomorrow.

What we get done on the house to help sell it, we get done. What is not done, is not done. Not giving myself a heart attack over door screws. Meanwhile, I have more packing to do. The more I pack, the more I have to pack. What is up with this?

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Didn’t get anything done today. I did manage to go to Walmart and get a couple of bins that I needed, but no packing. One of my fibromyalgia days, hope this flare doesn’t last long. Tried to fight through it but no way.

Husband came down stairs and announced he was off to the VA, good. Another thing we can check off the list. Don’t forget the longer screws. :). He is putting the closet door on now. One more thing done. He should quality for an increased percentage in his disability from the VA. He applied for the agent orange connected lung cancer.

There is also another service connected disability for lung cancer with the drinking water at camp lejune. He will apply for that later.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Some progress last night. Packed the stuff in my closet up. He’s taped the front trim in the living room for painting. Closet door is one and working fine. My dvd’s are packed and stuffed in there, not putting them in storage. I need to finish packing up the bedroom we use as an office today.

Everything but the Xmas tree is out of the basement. We need to get the patio repainted but it keeps raining. Ugh. Today my daughter signs the paperwork on her house so it becomes official. Two more weeks and she leaves. Keeping busy, packing my stuff up, has helped keep my mind off this fact.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
We agreed to get a truck for today. We could empty the garage in one run. We discussed the size of the truck, how we would pack it, the time involved etc. He rented a van. Sigh.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Yesterday we went to the Golden Spike Celebration so nothing done at home. Got my mother’s day loot. The dragon dishes my daughter gave me-some will be displayed, the rest remain packed. My husband has a hand injury and drops everything. The Sees candy from my son’s girlfriend, she always comes through,YAY. Great harvest gift cards from my son, yummy.

Seeing the granddaughter and family-always the best gift of all! I wished my daughter and her family would have come yesterday, but nope, ever the drama queen she stayed in the cabin they rented till they leave. Joey asked if she was coming and I said no. He’s seen the last of her.

On my first mother’s day with husband, 47 years ago, he got me-nothing. Even though I had my son from my first marriage. I asked him why no gift. His reply-“you are not my mother”. Little did I know that any gifts from him would be few and far between. When I asked him about this his reply-“Go buy what you want.” Sigh. Such a romantic, lol.

Anyhow, back to packing. I’m still pretty upset about Friday and the way my husband behaved. But if I stayed mad because he’s a butt head, I’d always be mad. Plus, I’d be like him never happy, and he’s rarely happy. This is why I love my little car. Instead of having to stay home and put up with his-I’m the expert attitude-I got in my car and left.

Bought myself some new colorful socks that I wanted for his mother’s day present to me. Then I went to a movie. Ugh, it was three hours long, dragged like a snail in molasses, should of chosen a different show. Husband made two trips in the van when he should have made three. Then our neighbor thought they were meeting at the house so he came home.

Leaving my husband stranded at the uhaul. LOL. Husband called me at the movie, didn’t answer till I got out and then called him back. He said he got stranded and had to walk to the bus stop and take a bus to about a mile or so from our house. Poor baby he had to walk. LMAO. But I am not mean. I told him I would come get him and give him a ride home.

Neighbor felt really bad. As I’ve said before, he’s like a son. I thought funny, funny, funny. Oh, well, back to packing. The stuff just keeps piling up. When we get to the apartment I will evaluate everything as I unpack and toss stuff. But really it won’t be that much that goes. We downsized when we moved before, we are using the same containers, so no big increase.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
I caught a “bug” at the park. I hope this flu doesn’t last too long. I need to keep packing, but tummy is killing me.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Asked my husband to take two jars of left over pickle juice out to the trash, and he drops the jars, on the carpet, they open, and the juice spills all over the carpet. Sigh. Roll the carpet up, take it to the dump. Lovely.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Yesterday I asked my husband to put a small cabinet into the garage. Yup, he’d do it as soon as he did this other thing he wanted to do. Which translates to I’m not going to do it until you ask me a hundred times; and he didn’t. This morning I was able to “walk” the cabinet out to the garage.

Then I went to start packing dishes. Oh wait, we bought containers. Where are they? In the garage, sigh, so I have to bring them into the house, one my one. Just getting my steps in. I threw away some dishes that we never use. Packed two cabinets of dishes and packed one cabinet of pans.

Then I went to put the fragrance thingies in so the house would smell fresh, cause we have a dog. Looked around where are they? Yup, he left them in the car. At least I can lift all of them at once. Bring them in, plug them in. Lavender which is supposed to help my fibromyalgia. Two birds with one stone, lol.

Alrighty, then he comes downstairs and I ask does him want to rent the apartment now or June 1. It’s always best to let him choose and it doesn’t matter to me. He is suddenly in a rush to move. June 1. Then it hit the fan. He says he will move into the apartment, the single level apartment, and I can live in the house that he insisted on buying with all the stairs.

What? WHAT? The person who didn’t want to buy the house, the person with severe spinal issues should stay in the stair house till it sells. The overweight person who wanted the upstairs bedroom and is now tired of walking upstairs wants to move to the one level apartment. And I can just keep on using those stairs.

He says we can afford the double rent for a few months till the house sells. Hmm. I say since we can afford double rent now, we can afford double rent for forever. So why doesn’t he move into the apartment and once the house sells, I will move into a different apartment. Yup, he says no, as he has always says no.

Then, of course, we had to get into a discussion about how it’s my fault we have to sell the house cause I have a problem with stairs. What? Finally, I told him to keep the house. I will happily take a one bedroom apartment which he can pay for, and he refused.

It became a non issue when the apartment we wanted to rent was not available. Instead he rented the three bedroom apartment which is not available until the end of June. But it is way expensive. Course, he walked up four levels of stairs to see it, with no problem at all. I waited at the bottom. If the house doesn’t sell, we will lose the deposit.

We were able to return some scaffolding we bought recently so that was good. I had him take his pictures off his wall so I could wrap them in bubble wrap tomorrow and pack them. I’ll wrap more dishes. Bought a small can of paint to repaint a pealing place in the laundry room. He already put mud on it.

He muddied some more nail holes, and hopefully will get them painted tomorrow. It is all progressing. Oh, and I bought some clearance flowers today for my pots which are empty. It’s suppose to rain tomorrow. Then I can weed the back gardens and see if I need to replace flowers there. I do in one spot that I know of.

It was an eventful day. Glad it’s over.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
Getting up and packing at 4am, when I have my most energy, is getting old, lol.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
What a day! Packed some more stuff, I think I’m finally seeing an end to it all. Went to Lowe’s and they had a lot of plants on clearance YAY, bought about a 100 dollars worth to make the yard look great. Several of my plants won’t come up till later. Spent about five hours planting. I have to go slow. Tomorrow will plant more. It’s supposed to rain tonight.

Hope the pansies live through June. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. Got lots marigolds and the petunias were only 50 cents a piece. A few bigger annuals 3 dollars a piece. Once we can spray the rocked areas for weeds it will look great. Checked the apartment and it said it had a two bedroom available but web site was wrong. Took a one bedroom.

The three bedroom was just too expensive. The one bedroom is a disabled unit so that is great!

It’s supposed to rain the next three days. When he got up we rushed to Home Depot and rented a sander. We had painted the patio last year and all the paint bubble up and pealed off. Sigh. It has to be repainted. We bought the paint, rented the sander, got the old paint sanded off, and now we can repaint. When it stops raining.

Got permission from the group home for Joey to have the red recliner he loves at our house. They will somehow fit it into the living room. Will take it over Sunday and that’s done. Husband is in much better mood today so getting a lot more done. YAY. We are behind schedule, but not a lot. We are both tired and stressed.

Aneeda72

Original Poster
I am so tired of packing. I just want to throw it all away. Plus I overdid it yesterday so tired and sore and not sleeping well. I just want to get into my car and drive away.