The Lodge

Pappy

Living the Dream
Back in the 60s, me and my folks use to do a lot of hunting. My grandpa owned a patch of woods and he decided to build a camp. As you can see, Top Shelf all the way. We had more laughs and good times at the olde Lodge. It was a welcoming place to get in out of the cold and rain.

you could always find instant coffee and a jar of peanut butter along with some saltines. At least we wouldn't starve to death, that is if the peanut butter hadn't turned into Shinola. (Private joke here)

we also had a private dump here where unwanted items ended up. Most of my valuable antique toys ended up here. I did manage to rescue my grandmothers banjo clock made by New Haven clock co. Must be 100 years old and someday I am going to have it repaired.

Anyway.....welcome all to The Lodge

Member_Only.jpg

It looks like a good hideaway to me, it i am not keen on splitting wood, so I think I would want to visit in warm enough weather that I didn't have to split kindling, and start a fire. Although, once you have the fire going, then it is ok.
I bet you had a great time searching out through the old dump area, and finding your old toys out there. That must have brought back a lot of great memories of playing with those toys !
I wish I still had all my electric trains, that I grew up with, but I don't know what I would do with them, even if I did have them. Give them to my kids that love trains, I guess...

Back