The Mystery behind Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Great articles!

Thank you for posting them.

It's scary to think about, and while I hear it all the time, flying is safe and all, those words do nothing for me as far as bolstering my comfort level to the point of convincing myself to fly.

Great articles!

It's scary to think about, and while I hear it all the time, flying is safe and all, those words do nothing for me as far as bolstering my comfort level to the point of convincing myself to fly.
When Flight 800 crashed, we were lied to. It happened around the time of a holiday when many people were outside having barbeques & reported seeing a silver streak headed toward the plane just before it exploded. And there just happened to be a Navy missile testing site nearby.
But....yeah....sure, all those witnesses were hallucinating & 230 people died because of "static electricity causing a spark in the plane's gas tank."

When Flight 800 crashed, we were lied to. It happened around the time of a holiday when many people were outside having barbeques & reported seeing a silver streak headed toward the plane just before it exploded. And there just happened to be a Navy missile testing site nearby.
But....yeah....sure, all those witnesses were hallucinating & 230 people died because of "static electricity causing a spark in the plane's gas tank."
Until you posted the links in your previous entry, I had never heard of the missile theory, and here is another article I just came across that's helped convince me further that something more happened that day aside from a spark.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/obama-pilot-twa-flight-800-shot-article-1.2186329

Static electricity is a very low voltage/amperage spark, Jet fuel is basically kerosene / diesel fuel / heating oil and is not near as volatile as gasoline . Hence not near as sensitive to spark as gasoline, particularly a low current spark such as static.

Never did believe that story/report, never will.

Great articles!

I'm w/you. No flying for me.

I have flown in the past, when I didnt know any better...I was young and fearless.

Static electricity is a very low voltage/amperage spark, Jet fuel is basically kerosene / diesel fuel / heating oil and is not near as volatile as gasoline . Hence not near as sensitive to spark as gasoline, particularly a low current spark such as static.

Never did believe that story/report, never will.
The report did not mention static electricity. The aircraft had been sitting with the air conditioning packs below the fuel tank running that generate heat. The theory was that a wire in the tank arced and set off the fumes in the tank
As an aside, static electricity voltage can be up to 20,000 volts.

Nelson DeMille wrote the book Night Fall which is a fictionalized version of the TWA accident. I remember when it happened, but it seemed to fade from the news rather quickly. When I read the book I found the plot to be very interesting indeed.

Nelson DeMille wrote the book Night Fall which is a fictionalized version of the TWA accident. I remember when it happened, but it seemed to fade from the news rather quickly. When I read the book I found the plot to be very interesting indeed.
I read it too. It was an interesting work of fiction. The scary thing was that we were on that same flight a few weeks earlier on TWA

The report did not mention static electricity. The aircraft had been sitting with the air conditioning packs below the fuel tank running that generate heat. The theory was that a wire in the tank arced and set off the fumes in the tank

"The report did not mention static electricity. "

Never said it did . win did, and I was commenting on / responding to, that .

As for the max voltage in a static charge .... OK I was wrong, however I'd venture to say .... that a reading that high is indeed rare ??

The first paragraph from the article I posted reads:
"NEW YORK — Believing that a spark generated by static electricity may have set off the fuel tank blast that destroyed TWA Flight 800 last July, the National Transportation Safety Board recommended urgent center fuel tank design changes Friday in hundreds of jetliners, including all Boeing 747s."

"The report did not mention static electricity. "

Never said it did . win did, and I was commenting on / responding to, that .

As for the max voltage in a static charge .... OK I was wrong, however I'd venture to say .... that a reading that high is indeed rare ??
The first sentence from the link:
NEW YORK —
"Believing that a spark generated by static electricity may have set off the fuel tank blast that destroyed TWA Flight 800 last July, the National Transportation Safety Board recommended urgent center fuel tank design changes Friday in hundreds of jetliners, including all Boeing 747s."

This is what we were told in Australia
'Malaysia Airlines flight 370 left Kuala Lumpur and went missing en route to Beijing on March 8, 2014, with 239 people on board.
To this day, the plane has not been found, but the official investigation concluded that the most likely location of the wreckage is
at the bottom of the southern Indian Ocean. The working theory is that the plane was hijacked and then flown out over the ocean until it ran out of fuel and crashed into the sea.'
Many theories still abound of course

Back