The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls

Aunt Marg

SF VIP
Anyone else have an opinion on this, regardless of the suggested findings that scientists and researchers have uncovered?

https://allthatsinteresting.com/crystal-skull

london_crystal_skull.jpg

One documentary that hubby and I watched a good number of years ago spoke of no possibility of at least one of the skulls being carved or created by man, even in today's day and age and with today's technology.

That in itself took me aback.

I saw a docu several yrs back that showed folks making skulls
for sale to tourists, but forget which country it was in. Makes
a good paperweight LOL..đź’€

One documentary that hubby and I watched a good number of years ago spoke of no possibility of at least one of the skulls being carved or created by man, even in today's day and age and with today's technology.

That in itself took me aback.

Why could it not be carved ? A CNC machine can make anything it is programed to . I don't know why one couldn't be programed to make a skull?

I saw a docu several yrs back that showed folks making skulls
for sale to tourists, but forget which country it was in. Makes
a good paperweight LOL..đź’€
Why could it not be carved ? A CNC machine can make anything it is programed to . I don't know why one couldn't be programed to make a skull?
If I remember correctly, one skull in particular was done in such a way the others weren't, and according to the documentary, could not have possibly been made during the day and age the crystal skull was dated at.

The documentary went onto make further mention that such a crystal skull possibly could not be produced even with today's modern day advances and technologies.

Last edited:
Occam's razor the law of parsimony.
Extracted from the web:

"Occam's Razor is not a valid logical principle. It is, however, a handy dandy heuristic and rule of thumb. It appeals to innate human laziness and dislike of unnecessary complication. But that does not make it a valid principle in the abstract".

If I remember correctly, one skull in particular was done in such a way the others weren't, and according to the documentary, could not have possibly been made during the day and age the crystal skull was dated at.

The documentary went onto make further mention that such a crystal skull possibly could not be produced even with today's modern day advances and technologies.

"could not be produced even with today's modern day advances and technologies."

OK, but why ? I have worked with machine tools . IMO it can be done.

Are you familiar with CNC machining ? As I said , if a program could be written for it, the machine can make it.

Again opinion but .... I think perhaps those TV programs say that because it add a-bit of "spookiness" to it ?

"could not be produced even with today's modern day advances and technologies."

OK, but why ? I have worked with machine tools . IMO it can be done.

Are you familiar with CNC machining ? As I said , if a program could be written for it, the machine can make it.

Again opinion but .... I think perhaps those TV programs say that because it add a-bit of "spookiness" to it ?
I agree, it lends a sense of mystique to it, encourages viewers to think outside the realm of reality.

There was a TV documentary earlier this year,
or late last year about the Skulls, I think that
the "British Museum" was involved in it.

Most if not all the Crystal Skulls have been in
the museum and examined using an electronic
microscope.

The ones examined all had scratch marks caused,
they said, by modern machinery.

I can't find any reference to the actual programme,
but there are many articles in Google about them.

Mike.

There was a TV documentary earlier this year,
or late last year about the Skulls, I think that
the "British Museum" was involved in it.

Most if not all the Crystal Skulls have been in
the museum and examined using an electronic
microscope.

The ones examined all had scratch marks caused,
they said, by modern machinery.

I can't find any reference to the actual programme,
but there are many articles in Google about them.

Mike.
Very interesting.

Thanks for posting, Mike.

Back