The Peloton+ Bike

It's a ridiculous price in the UK + the monthly subscription.
The TV ads. here seem to be aimed at people who are as fit as Olympic athletes and have plenty of money to burn.
It's not just the Ads for Peloton, but health clubs, gyms etc... they all seemed to be aimed at fit, middle class people - not the average person who could benefit from losing a few pounds.
But, if that's what people want to spend their money on, fair enough.

My daughter has one, and loves it. Too techy for me!

It's a ridiculous price in the UK + the monthly subscription.
The TV ads. here seem to be aimed at people who are as fit as Olympic athletes and have plenty of money to burn.
It's not just the Ads for Peloton, but health clubs, gyms etc... they all seemed to be aimed at fit, middle class people - not the average person who could benefit from losing a few pounds.
But, if that's what people want to spend their money on, fair enough.

Just like the health spa's. I've never seen one person in them that actually has a weight problem.

I have a membership at the local Snap Fitness and I am far far from a mens swim suit model. There are several of us old, fat and odd-shaped geezers and chicks that go there. I walk in using my walking cane, and set it at the desk until I'm ready to leave. Now most of the folks that go there are young and in pretty good shape and I'm neither, but that doesn't bother me, or any of us not-so-hot guys and gals one bit. I have never once had heard an unfriendly word or caught a snickering glance from any one there, even if I did, so what? . I go for my health and self-enjoyment and that's what everybody else is there for. Nobody really cares what kind of shape anybody else is in, we are all there to make ourselves better.

Anything a person does to get some good exercise, and keep their weight under control, is a big Plus....especially as we grow older. These Peloton units look like they would help, but I guess they primarily exercise the legs, and seem somewhat overpriced for what they can do. A far better option, IMO, is a home gym that allows a person to do dozens of exercises. I bought a Band Flex, years ago, keep it in my basement, and use it primarily during the Winter when it's too cold to do any decent outdoor chores or activities. It has helped me a bunch over the years. I don't think these are made anymore, but there are similar items currently sold....for a fraction of a Peloton.

https://www.govdeals.com/?fa=Main.Item&itemid=81&acctid=728

I have a membership at the local Snap Fitness and I am far far from a mens swim suit model. There are several of us old, fat and odd-shaped geezers and chicks that go there. I walk in using my walking cane, and set it at the desk until I'm ready to leave. Now most of the folks that go there are young and in pretty good shape and I'm neither, but that doesn't bother me, or any of us not-so-hot guys and gals one bit. I have never once had heard an unfriendly word or caught a snickering glance from any one there, even if I did, so what? . I go for my health and self-enjoyment and that's what everybody else is there for. Nobody really cares what kind of shape anybody else is in, we are all there to make ourselves better.
That’s a great attitude to have.

Back