The ups and downs of life!

Hello all....
I just ran across this forum tonight when I was feeling more down than up.... okay... so I mean really down today. Life has been a roller coaster of ups and downs since March 23 when the state shut down. At times I felt "really" alone... and I do live alone... but with the warmer weather and sunshine, I was feeling so much better. Today was a rough day....I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have felt that agitation one feels with low blood sugar, you know, kind of out of control and you want to snap at someone... but I don't have low blood sugar (smiles)... I am hoping to read about people in similar circumstances and see what people do to keep on keeping on.

Hi Ellen Marie, I live alone too--no other humans here and there is my dog who thinks she is human :ROFLMAO: and my 2 birds--they keep me going. I, too, felt down today but just decided tomorrow is going to be better..We have the Humor section here that can make us laugh and get through all trying times. So, glad you joined...you are among friends here and there are many of us who live alone and know what it's like.

welcomebutterfly.gif

I was listening to IZ " Somewhere over the rainbow " and then I found this
thought I'd share it with you.

Welcome Ellen Marie, hope you're feeling better !

Welcome, Ellen Marie. I love your name.

I find that abrupt changes in the weather affect my mood. It's been stormy and overcast here for the past few days and I feel much as you describe.

I hope you enjoy the group and look forward to getting to know you.

Hello all....
I just ran across this forum tonight when I was feeling more down than up.... okay... so I mean really down today. Life has been a roller coaster of ups and downs since March 23 when the state shut down. At times I felt "really" alone... and I do live alone... but with the warmer weather and sunshine, I was feeling so much better. Today was a rough day....I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have felt that agitation one feels with low blood sugar, you know, kind of out of control and you want to snap at someone... but I don't have low blood sugar (smiles)... I am hoping to read about people in similar circumstances and see what people do to keep on keeping on.
Ups and downs are all part of daily life, but it's how one navigates those ups and downs that make our lives what they are.

When I look around at the sorrow, the hurt, the pain, I see myself as one of the most fortunate people on this planet, and while I have lived countless joys over the course of my lifetime, I have also lived through countless hurt, but waking each day and allowing the hurt, the pain, and the sadness to take hold of my compass and turn my life upside-down, backwards, and inside-out isn't an option for me.

I'm a fighter... always have been, and when you're knocked down in life again and again, each time you get back up and dust yourself off, it makes you that much more stronger, and though I have experienced times where I thought I'd never get up again, I did, and I'm a better person for it.

My adage each day I awake, is to look at the positive, not the negative. Life isn't perfect, nothing is, but believing in yourself and telling yourself that you aren't going to allow anyone or anything to bring you down, not only makes you a stronger person, it makes your mind stronger as well.

We're here for only a short time, not a long time, so my advice to you, Ellen, is to make the most of every day, and live your life to the fullest, because the alternative isn't much fun.

Hi Ellen Marie,welcome to this friendly forum
I too live alone, my younger&only brother lives in CT,my older sister lives in England
I have a group of close friends,they are my' Bflo family'
I look forward to your future posts
Sue in Buffalo,NY

Ups and downs are all part of daily life, but it's how one navigates those ups and downs that make our lives what they are.

When I look around at the sorrow, the hurt, the pain, I see myself as one of the most fortunate people on this planet, and while I have lived countless joys over the course of my lifetime, I have also lived through countless hurt, but waking each day and allowing the hurt, the pain, and the sadness to take hold of my compass and turn my life upside-down, backwards, and inside-out isn't an option for me.

I'm a fighter... always have been, and when you're knocked down in life again and again, each time you get back up and dust yourself off, it makes you that much more stronger, and though I have experienced times where I thought I'd never get up again, I did, and I'm a better person for it.

My adage each day I awake, is to look at the positive, not the negative. Life isn't perfect, nothing is, but believing in yourself and telling yourself that you aren't going to allow anyone or anything to bring you down, not only makes you a stronger person, it makes your mind stronger as well.

We're here for only a short time, not a long time, so my advice to you, Ellen, is to make the most of every day, and live your life to the fullest, because the alternative isn't much fun.
@Aunt Marg....what you said about being a Fighter resonated with me about my life
I did send a welcome to Ellen Marie

Hi there, and welcome. This group has helped many of us stay sane during these past few months. I have "lived " here since 2016, and I will tell you it is the longest I have stayed put in any forum.
Everyone feels free to share lifes ups, downs and sideways. Lots of listening ears here.

Belated welcome to our group, Ellen Marie. Hope you are feeling more up than down by now. Going through a thunderstorm here at the moment and it is much needed. We seem to dry out rapidly these days if it doesn't rain for a week. Tomorrow, much of the same, but it is hot and to be expected. I, too am another loner, but do have a son who touches base with me daily. Other than that, I do rather enjoy my solitary space. I am one of those who needs it.🙂

Back