The word is “interesting.”

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
The word is "interesting." Do you pronounce this as a three, or four syllable word? I just realized that most of the time I pronounce it with three syllables... in-tres-ting. But occasionally, and I'm still trying to figure out what my own rules are, I will pronounce it with the full four syllables...seems like it has something to do with adding emphasis, though the jury's still out as far as a conclusive explanation. What about you?

The word is "interesting." Do you pronounce this as a three, or four syllable word? I just realized that most of the time I pronounce it with three syllables... in-tres-ting. But occasionally, and I'm still trying to figure out what my own rules are, I will pronounce it with the full four syllables...seems like it has something to do with adding emphasis, though the jury's still out as far as a conclusive explanation. What about you?
I'm like you. In everyday conversation, it may come out as three syllables. If it needs emphasis, it's all four.

3. :)

Same as Ronni and Em, and :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Anyway, sometimes 3, but with higher level of interest, then 4. ;)
Actually, usually 4, the more I think about it.

It depends on the situation. Probably a soft 3 in situations where I have just listened to a tall tale and am expected to make a response and saying bull.... would be inappropriate. It's supposed to come across as "I'm giving this serious thought."

Back