The WWW ????

Ken N Tx

MALE
If WWW stands for World Wide Web, why is it we do not have more members from more places/countries than we already have??

What about Italy,France,Spain,Argentina,Belgium,Germany,Poland etc..

Is there another WWW?? Surely there must be other seniors around the globe!!

If WWW stands for World Wide Web, why is it we do not have more members from more places/countries than we already have??

What about Italy,France,Spain,Argentina,Belgium,Germany,Poland etc..

Is there another WWW?? Surely there must be other seniors around the globe!!
I've often thought the same Ken.....I can understand non English speakers not being here... but

aside from that..why don't we have more members from Huge cities in the western world?.. London, New York, etc... ?..it's odd isn't it?

I know we have large Uk chat forums, but on there , there's many Americans , Australians and other english speaking Europeans too... but still nowhere nearly as many as you would expect given the population of the world..

I've often thought the same Ken.....I can understand non English speakers not being here... but

aside from that..why don't we have more members from Huge cities in the western world?.. London, New York, etc... ?..it's odd isn't it?

I know we have large Uk chat forums, but on there , there's many Americans , Australians and other english speaking Europeans too... but still nowhere nearly as many as you would expect given the population of the world..

There must be english speaking retirees,workers abroad..

I believe it has to do with search criteria. When you search for something on the net, what pops up in your list of links depends on a variety of factors that results in the links being presented in a certain order.

Part of it is a complicated algorithm process, and part is simply the number of previous times the link has already been viewed. The more it’s viewed the higher it will show up on your list of links.

Part of the algorithm that presents the links on the viewer’s page includes proximity, so it makes sense that they will see links closer to home (wherever that may be) first.

Edited to add: I don’t know about you, but when I’m searching for something, I seldom go beyond the first couple of pages of links and I don’t believe that’s unique to just me. So any EU links for me are going to be further down the list than I’m typically going to go. I’m sure the same can be said in reverse for any EU searcher who’s web browsing.

Last edited:
Maybe they all have their Senior's Forum in their
native language, or maybe they have never heard
of this place.

How can you advertise a forum without getting a
lot of headbangers?

I think that it requires some "Word-of-mouth" advertising
telling only people that you know and are happy with
as far as sense goes, I am sure that most here have already
done this, I know that I have.

Mike.

One thing that keeps people on the other side of the world from joining us is the Time Zone difference ... have had a few sign up, but they don't stay around for too long. Can't really connect on a daily basis.
Had a very interesting gentleman from Southern Italy here for a while. ...he gave me a few great recipes. ... also a woman from SE Asia (Japan?) just recently.

Maybe more will find us now.

Last edited:
We have had a few Australians on here in the past. One may still be. She's been laid up for a spell with medical issues. The time zone is one problem. Some try us a while and leave. I have been a member of two Australian forums in the past, still a member of one of them but seldom go there. Don't have that much in common.

The one that I remember from Italy, stated he joined us to test his English. .. and he did very well. There are groups of people from around the world on Facebook, but from what I saw, they stayed in their own groups and talked their native tongue mostly.

Last edited:
We have several Aussies, and more than a few from Great Britain. The time difference doesn't seem to be that much of a problem. Remember, we do have a 3-hour time difference from one end of the U.S. (and Canada) to the other.

Back