There are a few good cops!

Nosy Bee-54

This former officer was punished for doing the right thing. In the face of police brutality, she refused to look the other way. Finally, the New York Supreme Court has corrected a miscarriage of justice.

"A Black police officer in Buffalo, New York, who was fired in 2008 for intervening when a White colleague employed a chokehold will be given back pay and a pension, a New York judge ruled. The officer, Cariol Horne, was fired following a 2006 incident in which she tried to stop an officer from using a chokehold on a handcuffed suspect. Horne served on the Buffalo police force for 19 of the 20 years required to receive a pension."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/us/buffalo-officer-reinstated-trnd/index.html

“Gregory Kwiatkowski turned Neal Mack around and started choking him. So then I’m like, ‘Greg! You’re choking him,’” she told Buffalo ABC affiliate WBKW in 2014. “When he didn’t stop choking him I just grabbed his arm from around Neal Mack’s neck.”

While Horne’s legal case was considered finished, momentum turned in her favor when Kwiatkowski pleaded guilty in 2014 to assaulting four handcuffed Black teenagers by slamming their heads into his patrol car in 2009."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0210415-gr2v3ggwq5eljhpev5z4ixclgm-story.html

It would be good for the country and law enforcement if more cops and the police unions had as much integrity as Cariol Horne. Thankfully, she's still alive to enjoy her hard earned pension and backpay.

Good for her! What happened to her is par for the course for any cop who violates the "Code of Silence" or doesn't "Go with the program."

I've never doubted that there are more good people than bad in any profession. What is bad is the culture of not holding the bad to account. This is where a lot of work is needed to turn things around. People who call out or expose wrong doing need to be protected, not punished.

MY god, I wonder how that officer has managed to support herself and her family without her career in the last 13 years...just appalling that she should have been fired for following the rules... not only should she be given her lost salary and her pension.. but she should be compensated for the mental suffering , just the same way as any person who is falsely Imprisoned due to a misscarriage of justice .

I have no doubt the rogue copper was able to continue his career and gain his pension...

Watching Bill Maher last night one of his guests said something I believe to be very true. The guest said, once a person becomes a police officer that person instantly is viewed as a person on the political right.

Back