There is a Rabies vaccine

Aneeda72

I am reading Readers Digest and there is a rabies vaccine. Never knew that. It also says that only 14 people are known to survive once they had shown symptoms of rabies, which is a virus. It is the most lethal virus known.

If you are in the woods a lot, or hike a lot or camp etc., you might want to get this vaccine. Just saying 🤓

The rabies vaccine has been around a long time. My husband and I both got the vaccine years ago when we were handling so much wildlife through his job. Our vaccines were paid for through his job. But they are expensive for anyone that just wants to get one, around $3000.00.

The rabies vaccine has been around a long time. My husband and I both got the vaccine years ago when we were handling so much wildlife through his job. Our vaccines were paid for through his job. But they are expensive for anyone that just wants to get one, around $3000.00.
Oh, wow.

Also read in Readers Digest about a Rabies victim that survived in Houston (I think)_
The virus attacks every essential function required to remain alive.
as soon as the physicians countered one attack, the virus would attack
another vital function.

The kid required 24 hour monitoring from physicians to remain alive.
Rabies is still a killer,

Do not pick up a 'cute' squirrel, or any other wildlife

Tish
thought Rabies virus can attack any mammal?

Goggle says you are correct-but your 'leaders' introduced
Rabies in the 1920's in an attempt to rid Australia of their million of rabbits.
They didn't say how they got rid of the Rabies-quite interesting

We get a lot of documentaries. programs about your snakes and spiders down there-scary

Last edited:
Tish
thought Rabies virus can attack any mammal?

Goggle says you are correct-but your 'leaders' introduced
Rabies in the 1920's in an attempt to rid Australia of their million of rabbits.
They didn't say how they got rid of the Rabies-quite interesting

We get a lot of documentaries. programs about your snakes and spiders down there-scary
Did they really? Wow, I didn't know that.

Back