They're after me

Lawrence00

Turning 65 soon. Mailbox is filling up with insurance companies wanting me to do Medicare with them. Good thing AT&T has a good phone call blocking app. Wonder who else will be chasing me. Better get some new track shoes.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    11.7 KB · Views: 3
I've been hit up with that type of junk mail in my mail box at home since I hit 50, Health insurance, Medicare, Funeral Home pre-pay, AARP, LifeLine Screenings, etc., etc. It goes in the trash, I know I'm not alone, everyone is trying to sell something and will use any means to do it. I don't get that on my cell phone, don't use it very much, or my computer email. But the landline will ring off the hook with scammers and spammers on any given day, usually do not pick up.

I'll double check with my employer, where my insurance is free, but I think I just need to contact Medicare before a 3 months pre-birthday deadline and tell them I'm already covered.

75 and get mail from insurance companies wanting me to enroll, mail from satellite networks wanting me to buy their expensive tv programming, mail from service providers wanting me to enroll in their combined phone/tv/internet. email from all of the above and phone calls from some foreign speaking people that I can not understand trying to scam me.

Turning 65 soon. Mailbox is filling up with insurance companies wanting me to do Medicare with them. Good thing AT&T has a good phone call blocking app. Wonder who else will be chasing me. Better get some new track shoes.
Yep you had better get running Lawrence LOL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They've been hitting me up with hearing aid offers and burial plans lately.
And, companies that want to buy my house.

I'm not going anywhere just yet.

ETA: just now while eating dinner Alvin called wanting to know if I wanted to sell my house.
I told Alvin never to call here again.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that we have a "For Profit" health care system in the US. Therefore, the entities involved are Always trying to increase their "customer" base. This constant advertising, etc., is one of the many reasons why we pay twice as much for health care as the nations who have a "Universal" system.

Join the club. I was bombarded with insurance company Medicare offers right before I turned 65. Very annoying. I only pick up my mail every few days now because my mailbox is filled with junk.
Speaking of mailbox junk, that‘s 90%+ of our mail. In this day of cell phones and email the Post Office should limit deliveries to once a week and drastically reduce the size of their operation.

Even if you have health insurance that you’re perfectly satisfied with, the telephone, e-mail, and snail mail solicitations come. I’m on every major “do not call” list that there is, but that deters them not a whit. The “change your health care“ solicitations alone are paradoxically making me sick! Add to this the auto warrantee extension and other scams, and I feel like I’m constantly fighting a defensive action… 😩

We get lunch invitations from funeral homes and investment companies!
I was on the Christmas card list of the swim school I took my kids to back in the late 70s, clear up to about when my youngest turned 40.

Meanwhile, the front of their cards morphed from Merry Christmas to Happy Holidays to something about harvest, and finally, "It's that time of year again." And with gradually less enthusiasm.

And then they closed.

Last edited:
Even if you have health insurance that you’re perfectly satisfied with, the telephone, e-mail, and snail mail solicitations come. I’m on every major “do not call” list that there is, but that deters them not a whit. The “change your health care“ solicitations alone are paradoxically making me sick! Add to this the auto warrantee extension and other scams, and I feel like I’m constantly fighting a defensive action… 😩
send it all back to them in the return envelope and write on it "Deceased"

Last edited:

Back