Things you eat or drink every single day.

Water day and night, a protein drink, one balance meal with fruit in season,

will miss the wonderful nectarines, , protein and a carb, such as pasta or bread.

My ex m-i-l was a professional cook.. but at home she made the same things for dinner on the same days.. Roast beef on Sunday, Cottage pie on Monday.. fish and chips on Friday etc... every week year in year out...
I don't know if they exist these days, but when I was a kid there were magazines for ladies (housewives) that actually had menus like that planned out. I don't recall which meal was on which day, but that's the way it went during my childhood, too.

Things I have every day are 'smart' water, a mixure of potassium, salt and water to prevent dehydration. Also, either green tea, Pu Erh tea, ( a Chinese digestive tea) herbal tea or weak coffee. I nearly always have some kind of fruit, and the meals rotate around shepherd's pie, an Italian Frittata, slow cooked beef stew, or baked chicken with a veggie or salad.

One cup of coffee every day. Half a bottle of beet root juice every day. Iced water all day and bottled water at the gym. Lipton bottled Citrus Green Tea every afternoon.

We eat salads with rotisserie chicken pieces 5 days a week, but we have "cheat days" the other 2 days. Dinner is different every night, unless there are leftovers.

I drink coffee every morning, with half and half. I usually eat a couple pieces of fresh fruit, a small handful of nuts, a lot of in season vegetables prepared very simply, salads, brown rice. I only eat meat a couple of times a week. Very little dairy and eggs. I like something sweet before bed, whole grain toast with a little jam and almond butter. I would definitely eat more variety if I were cooking for two.

Every day? Water, Coffee (hot or iced) and a pineapple/coconut juice. Every thing else changes with seasons/weather and every year or two i realize my tastebuds have changed again and i no longer have any hankering for something i used to love, or my digestive tract nixes something my mouth craves.

Beverages: I have a cup of half caff coffee followed by 2-3 cups of decaf every morning. In warm weather I move to seltzer with a 2 oz shot glass of mango/passion fruit juice tipped in for flavor. During cold weather I drink a lot of herbal tea.

Meals: Breakfast is usually oatmeal with fruit and unsweetened applesauce, or an oil free veggie stir fry or soup.

Lunches and dinners are often big salads with grains in them, baked potatoes with hummus and Japanese seaweed, or soups/stews with plenty of veggies and legumes. Sometimes a PB & J sandwich if I'm lazy or in a hurry.

Snacks: Popcorn made in a stovetop popper (not microwaved, yuk), a handful of mixed nuts, a little PB smeared on a rice cake, fruit.

Dessert: A couple of cookies, a fruit popsicle, or something chocolatey.

Back