Things Your Body Needs as You Age

3580a8ecd71e0d75d0f9d36fa648ecae.jpg

I try to get all those things in the OP and also take a good multivitamin--Alive for Women 50+. It's a plant based vitamin. I take a Magnesium supplement, too, and also an additional Vit D pill and Vit K (that's for some specific issue I have). I hope I have all the bases covered. Oh, and I use Olive Oil almost every day in a salad, too. I'm not much of a fish eater but should get some Salmon.

TLC Now more than I understand the importance of self care, joy, happiness and purpose. For me, purpose and worth are synonymous in helping and serving people. I am not one to be walked upon but if there is I help with my purpose is served and my worth is revealed

The body needs a positive brain...even more than food! So, to get the most out of your body as you age, feed the brain.

Last edited:
This is a short video by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, and he explains about the benefits of what he calls G-BOMBS foods, how they can help up keep healthy longer and also maybe avoid some of the deadly diseases so -revenant in today’s society.
Be sure to watch him jump from standing flat-footed on the floor , to on top of the kitchen table !

I don't know but I should ask my mother who's in her 101st year and still kicking. Pretty sure her answer would be 2 fingers of rum with diet coke at 5:00 PM every day 🥃
that's usually what those older ones say. one lady had a shot of whiskey and a smoke every day.

I take most of those nutrients and I feel "top o the mornin"!

I wonder about "touch". Don't people need to be touched, physically, or is that not important?
That's an interesting question about touch! Again I'm basing my answer on my mother's experience as an elderly person in a care home. Those people have not been allowed to touch or embrace anyone from the outside, including family, for over a year now. They are all fully vaccinated now with both shots yet still living as if they were in a maximum security prison. Keep in mind, these are people in their 80's 90's and some over 100 so not in the best of condition yet they continue to survive under these severely restrictive conditions. It amazes me frankly :oops:

Gaer I've been surviving with next to no hugs for over a yr now and I'm a hugger. It damn near was my undoing. Then one day the gift shop had these pillowy stuffed animals and I got a striped cat named Kiki. She became my hug therapy. I sleep with her every night and when I feel like crap I hold her. An inanimate object has been helping me to survive the distancing of the pandemic. I'm not ashamed to admit it. People have to do what has to be done to take care of themselves emotionally because anymore I feel like that's all we have left.

Back