This didn't even get one look on Marketplace

This cookie jar was in the attic of my old house and I brought it with me when I moved. I put it out with a $5 price at my garage sale. I still had it when the sale was over. I put it on Marketplace and it didn't get any looks. What's wrong with it?

barn cookie jar.jpg

If you don't like it enough to keep it for FREE, why would you expect someone else to like it for $5.00? :unsure:;):giggle:
I think @debodun is editing things down because she is trying to get rid of some things. I've donated things to PAWS thrift that I liked, I just didn't want to keep them anymore and/or my tastes have changed over the years. I donated all my mid century glass and most of my American pottery. I needed room for all my animal stuff.

I looked up vintage cookie barn cookie jar on Etsy. Didn't see this exact one but some have some pretty high prices. I know that doesn't even mean they will sell. The cat cookie jar I linked that was like my vintage one sold. And I think it was listed for around 90 dollars.

Deb's father once said,"everything has value". He was incorrect, the value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it. Therefore, the cookie jar has no value, as nobody is willing to pay for it.
Look at so-called "collectables", such as beanie babies, Hummel figures, Kincaid prints, etc.

Look on the bottom of this cookie jar for any date or manufactures info molded into the base. If there is some info about who made it, and when, research that. If it's quite old, there may be some "collector" value. However, in today's economy, few people will be spending money on such an item. If it appears to be quite "antique" and is in good shape, sitting on it until this economy turns around would probably be wise.

I can see nothing wrong with the cookie jar. Let it set on Marketplace and add ten dollars to the price daily. That should stimulate someone. If you had asked a hundred dollars for it someone would have probably scooped it up.....o_Oo_O

Last edited:
What category did you list it? Just tried to do a search for "cookie Jar" and Cookie jar vintage" using all sorts of criteria, including expanding my search to include Upstate NY. Still have not found it. But there are LOTS of cookie jars, that is for sure

What category did you list it? Just tried to do a search for "cookie Jar" and Cookie jar vintage" using all sorts of criteria, including expanding my search to include Upstate NY. Still have not found it. But there are LOTS of cookie jars, that is for sure
I can't believe I'm looking for cookie jars tonight

Did Syracuse within 250 mi

found it

Looks like someone is interested

(4) Marketplace - Cookie Jar | Facebook

I can't believe I'm looking for cookie jars tonight

Did Syracuse within 250 mi

found it

Looks like someone is interested

(4) Marketplace - Cookie Jar | Facebook
Ahh..the life of us swinging old farts. If I were a collector, $5 is not a bad price. But, as Deb is realizing, with so many people of our generation downsizing, cool stuff like this are hard to sell. The darn yung'uns are so mobile, and minimalist, collectibles like this, that are harder to pack up when moving are not desireable.
Too bad...she has a lot of interesting things. If I remember, much was her moms

I had been collecting Waterford crystal for many years but stopped a couple of years ago when I realized that the "grands" were not interested in things like that. I am going to pack most of it up and see if I can sell it at a local resale shop. Meanwhile I am going to enjoy it for myself.

Back