This world is changing, we have no options in that. However do we have any options in what changes ??

Lakeland living

Life is good
I am looking out my window at the lake, pondering... the sky is pink so we are going to get some rain or snow.
What will happen next? What do we want to happen? Can we get past this and build something better?
In my opinion the last decades show we were on a dead end road, destroying out own home.
Not very smart in my opinion. Killing life in the ocean by killing the life that feeds so many with plastic.
Does the human race have the brains and courage to work with each other?
Just a thought.

I think that the younger generation will be the ones to force change.

All you have to do is look at the followers of Greta Thunberg. Kids today are scared and disgusted of how our generation has left it.

We will find out we can get by with a lot of things we thought were essential. Material things will take a back seat for awhile.
Does the human race have the brains and courage to work with each other?

I think it our duty and privilege to show the future generations how to do with, without buying ready made.
Some of us are rather proud of our hobbies of fixing/making things
The new kids need those skills
Shopping....up to now....has been shown to be a skill
It's not

I think that after the current crisis is over, it'll be back to business as usual. As to changing things, there will be a lot of hand wringing, blaming others, and three years from now, forgotten. I do think younger generations can point the finger at us for trashing the place. And it was our generation, which came up with the "McMansion Life Style", with its excesses. While it's convenient to blame the preceding generation, it's still up in the air, if the next generations has the muscle to change things.

I will reach 75 years of age in August. During all those years, things have remained generally stable. The changes I've witnessed have largely been due to unexpected results of technology. I've gone to many high school graduations and in nearly every one some bright eyed class speaker has proclaimed "we are the future" and a couple of decades later things remain pretty much the same. Human society suffers from inertia and most of us simply lack the will or energy to make lasting change. The sixties crowd did shake things up a bit because there were so many of them, however, looking at society from this end long term impact doesn't appear quite so pronounced. But then,what do I know?

Back