Thoughts on a companionship service?

Mom was too ill for assisted living. She was too ill to stay with my husband and me. I was very surprised that she loved the nursing home. They were kind to her there and she made lots of friends. The staff loved her. She even fell in love. Not all of them suck.
Good to know you found a good nursing home, I’ll die by the side of the road before I go into one again; and I was only there about 36 hours. I was supposed to stay 60 days. My mom refuses to enter one and now I understand why.

The one that I put Mom in was the same one a couple of other people in my family had stayed over the years. They were good to them, too. They were excellent to Mom as she was dying. Eleven years after my mom passed away, it's still a good place. My friend's daughter works there as an activities director. She says they've handled the COVID problem quite well. My friend in Connecticut's husband had to be put in one once my friend cracked her spine lifting him around. She's 83. She moved into assisted living next to him. Not all cows have ticks. It's a bummer yours did.

The one that I put Mom in was the same one a couple of other people in my family had stayed over the years. They were good to them, too. They were excellent to Mom as she was dying. Eleven years after my mom passed away, it's still a good place. My friend's daughter works there as an activities director. She says they've handled the COVID problem quite well. My friend in Connecticut's husband had to be put in one once my friend cracked her spine lifting him around. She's 83. She moved into assisted living next to him. Not all cows have ticks. It's a bummer yours did.
I had to go after a two/three week hospital stay. The insurance said they would not pay the hospital bill unless I went to the nursing home for two months. The place was clean, that’s all that was good about it.

I only stayed 36 hours, came home, took care of myself, never again. I was not capable of finding a different place and my husband was not willing to look.
Guess it happens that way at times. Unless one knows of the history of a place you can never be sure until you or someone you know lives there for a while.

Back