Three members of a family in my hometown are dying due to COVID-19.

PamfromTx

SF VIP
I 'had' a Facebook friend that is driving everyone crazy with her COVID-19 theories and beliefs; she is still convinced that it is a hoax. I, personally have argued with her and can't seem to get anywhere. By friend, I meant to say that she befriended me in Facebook. I didn't really ever know her when I lived back home.

I finally deleted her as a friend and also blocked her. She was so cruel with my nephew who was defending my views about Covid-19. This woman has yet to wear a mask to a store, I hear. She wore one at work because it was mandated.

Well, today they were asking for prayers in a prayer group I belong to ~ for her only sister and a brother. The sister passed away a few hours ago and the brother is in a San Antonio hospital; he's been intubated and is on a ventilator. Their mother is reportedly ill with it as well. I don't know of her condition.

This is heartbreaking because this woman and family were so convinced that this virus would never infect them.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for her lose,but with all the people getting sick and all the people dying,I can't understand why people think it's a Hoax. My Nephew that lives in Georgia is suffering from the covid.
I'm sorry to hear @Sassycakes ; I hope he fully recovers from it. You have no idea how many times she and I discussed Covid-19; I always asked her how do we account for all of the deaths and of course she had an answer each time.

This is awful to happen to one family and I hate to say it, but one can't help wondering if perhaps your ex friend may have been liable as a carrier unknowingly, for the transmission of this disease to her family
@hollydolly I doubt it that she was a carrier as she has stayed away from her immediate family for about 4 months. So, see ... she wasn't so dumb but perhaps smarter than we thought. She is a very intelligent woman; she's just a little nutty. She's also very political. That's all I will say about her political life.

I think I have mentioned that I have two cousins that are sisters and both are Registered Nurses in San Antonio. They both had Covid-19 and recovered; it was a very tough time in their lives. Thank God they both made it.
Pamela my husband had Covid-19 at the onset in March, fortunately he didn't have to be hospitalised even tho' we thought he would.. but for 16 days he was very poorly, before he started to recover.. took a couple of months before he felt back to normal

Last edited:
I 'had' a Facebook friend that is driving everyone crazy with her COVID-19 theories and beliefs; she is still convinced that it is a hoax. I, personally have argued with her and can't seem to get anywhere. By friend, I meant to say that she befriended me in Facebook. I didn't really ever know her when I lived back home.

I finally deleted her as a friend and also blocked her. She was so cruel with my nephew who was defending my views about Covid-19. This woman has yet to wear a mask to a store, I hear. She wore one at work because it was mandated.

Well, today they were asking for prayers in a prayer group I belong to ~ for her only sister and a brother. The sister passed away a few hours ago and the brother is in a San Antonio hospital; he's been intubated and is on a ventilator. Their mother is reportedly ill with it as well. I don't know of her condition.

This is heartbreaking because this woman and family were so convinced that this virus would never infect them.

There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See:

• According to the ‘Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings’ this proverb has been traced back to 1546 (John Heywood), and resembles the Biblical verse Jeremiah 5:21 (‘Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not’). In 1738 it was used by Jonathan Swift in his ‘Polite Conversation’ and is first attested in the United States in the 1713 ‘Works of Thomas Chalkley’. The full saying is: ‘There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know’.

On the flip side, those of us who can manage to live a "normal" life, i.e., work outside of home, go out in public though with a mask, fills me with gratitude. The heavens take care of us knowing we have to take care of many. We're tested weekly now.

I also lost a few friends and family from covid19 but instead of grieving, I celebrate their lives. They touched my life one way or another, mostly for good. I'll never lose affection for them.

Back