Tiger Woods in Surgery

MrPants

Tiger Woods suffered series leg injuries in a serious car wreck this morning in the Los Angeles area. His overall condition unknown only that there were multiple leg injuries which surgeons are dealing with now. Saw a brief news clip and the car he was driving was pretty wrecked.

Too bad as he had made it all the way back to a winner in the pro golf world after his serious life issues years ago. That to me shows great character. I wish him well in his recovery!

Last edited:
He's had back issue ongoing for a long time now. Just had surgery in Dec. for that again. A wreck like this one could also effect his back issues. You never know. He's no spring chicken either in his mid 40's now so that's another issue not in his favor. I hope he's OK though. He's been spending a lot of time with his 2 kids lately which after all, that's what's really important!

Sounds like he got off lucky. Massive injuries to his right leg and ankle but after several hours of surgery and some steel rods, he's resting somewhat comfortably. Long rehab road ahead I would expect. He won't be at the Masters this year, that's for certain!

Not sure what medical insurance he has. Probably the best available but I would be curious to see what his hospital bill was. A lot of orthopedic surgery costs there I imagine?

From what I've heard the broken bones protruded the skin so those issues had to be dealt with immediately. In some respects he's lucky he got surgery right after the accident because every hour an injury makes surgery and recovery that much tougher.

As far as blood or intoxication check there were no signs at the scene/in the vehicle. It was the morning, doesn't mean squat for an addict. Although wondering why a professional who is used to getting up early was running by some accounts an hour late. People rushing/running late for work has caused more than one accident.

Also I guess if the police want they could subpoena blood test results from hospital because if nothing else they probably wanted to know what they were dealing with.

He'll be a year or two in rehab I expect, based on what I heard in reports from the surgeon who operated on him. He has certainly surprised many people in the past in terms of come-backs. I wouldn't put it past him to try and come back although at 47 or 48 years old, he's not far off switching to the PGA Senior Tour.

He's had back issue ongoing for a long time now. Just had surgery in Dec. for that again. A wreck like this one could also effect his back issues. You never know. He's no spring chicken either in his mid 40's now so that's another issue not in his favor. I hope he's OK though. He's been spending a lot of time with his 2 kids lately which after all, that's what's really important!
If the wreck affects his back issues enough so he can no longer drive, we'll all be safer on the road.

I wish Tiger a speedy recovery but this is what happens when you are in a hurry. Driving too fast for conditions. I went to the Google Map for his route, Northbound on Hawthorne Blvd at Blackhorse Rd in Rancho Palos Verdes, California and there are a few "Runaway Vehicle Escape Lanes" going down this hill. That should have told him something, GO SLOW!

I wish Tiger a speedy recovery but this is what happens when you are in a hurry. Driving too fast for conditions. I went to the Google Map for his route, Northbound on Hawthorne Blvd at Blackhorse Rd in Rancho Palos Verdes, California and there are a few "Runaway Vehicle Escape Lanes" going down this hill. That should have told him something, GO SLOW!
I see the same moronic drivers in a section of freeway that has a steep downhill. They'll get up to 80-100 mph.

I heard on our local radio news yesterday, that he was not speeding. Apparently, the section of roadway where he crashed, is known for many accidents due to curves and the sudden decrease in mph.

It was CBC radio news.
Yes, we'll probably hear all kinds of nonsense excuses from his fans or people who think they're being "nice" by not blaming the poor little fool. Traffic investigators immediately determined he was speeding from the distance the vehicle traveled after it left the road as well as other evidence.
I wish reckless drivers had the sense to think about the suffering they could cause (which I have witnessed) with their stupidity & lack of consideration for others. Luckily, in this case, he was the only victim. It doesn't usually work out that way.

Last edited:
Hoping everything goes well for him. The only time I watched golf was when he was playing. The officers a the scene said he showed no signs of impairment. I really enjoyed watching him caddy for his son.
I can't help but wonder what attending officers would have determined had it been a regular everyday average Joe?

The black box will tell his speed. Can this info be released by the investigators or does there have to be some legal wrangling to do so?

Why was he driving a Hotel vehicle rather than a fancy rental?

The CBC radio news said that he wasn't charged with speeding .. which doesn't mean he wasn't.
They can do that later if they want. His biggest penalty from this will be the damage done to his legs.

Will lawyers be chasing a lawsuit? They always seem to be.

Well some dope looking at the scene crashed their car too, so it wasn't just Tiger Woods. Ah he had a lousy few years there, and the back surgeries. Then the news said he can't go anywhere without someone wanting something from him. Now compound fractures of the legs. I wouldn't want his life. Just sayin.

Back