Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Ruthanne

SF VIP
Do you use tbc or something else to clean the throne?

Just bought some Clorox TBC with cool gel bleach. It smells really good. I got it because it has that neck on it that can get the cleaner way up and get the bowl real clean.

Pretty blue color and seems to do the job.

What do you use?

A squirt of dish soap, a glug of chlorine bleach, a little elbow grease, wait for the brush to dry and flush.

images

Our water is so hard it can really damage the toilet bowl with the limescale so as well as using Bleach based cleaners or straight bleach... about 3 times a year we have to use Kill-rock a professional lime-scale remover

Use only "The Works"...found its absolutely the best. Nothing works as well as this inexpensive "safe for septic tank" product! Foams up and dissolves mildew and rust stains. Just use the brush on it. We have hard wonderful water, but its well water and that makes for hard cleaning sometimes. Highly recommend it! That, and an occasional pumice stone scrub if you've really been neglecting the bowl...lol:
th-2.jpeg

Use only "The Works"...found its absolutely the best. Nothing works as well as this inexpensive "safe for septic tank" product! Foams up and dissolves mildew and rust stains. Just use the brush on it. We have hard wonderful water, but its well water and that makes for hard cleaning sometimes. Highly recommend it! That, and an occasional pumice stone scrub if you've really been neglecting the bowl...lol:
View attachment 86360
Pumice Stone!!??? Yikes! I found out, the hard way (pun intended), years ago, that pumice stone will absolutely destroy a toilet bowl finish, in no time. Then, all kinds of terrible stains will build up in the micro cracks you've created. Horrible! Unless you have a stainless steel toilet, I would definitely discourage the use of a pumice stone.

I use old fashioned, shake-it-out-of-the-green-can Comet and a toilet brush. Every once in a while a squirt of dish soap or shampoo, too.

Don't think I've ever dumped bleach into a toilet. Attempting to keep the inside of a toilet bacteria-free is a fool's errand, and users aren't contacting that area anyway. I use disposable sani-wipes (or even baby wipes) to clean the seat and outside of the toilet. As per our plumber's strong recommendation, even wipes described as flushable go in the trash after use, never down the drain.

Frequent cleaning has always been the best way for me to stay ahead of upkeep chores like bathrooms, kitchens, dusting and mopping. Hitting it every day or every other days is far more important than the products being used.

Pumice Stone!!??? Yikes! I found out, the hard way (pun intended), years ago, that pumice stone will absolutely destroy a toilet bowl finish, in no time. Then, all kinds of terrible stains will build up in the micro cracks you've created. Horrible! Unless you have a stainless steel toilet, I would definitely discourage the use of a pumice stone.
We only have a very mild one, not the kind you are talking about. Know what you mean about the old ones. If you use The Works, you don't have to even use one. We have a very old toilet - a powder room one that we have used it on for years - never had any issues, except we'd get too busy to deep clean on a regular basis.

As long as it is cleaned on a schedule you should never have to scrub or fight to get it cleaned. Don't waste your money on those BS toilet cleaner products. Soap & water+a little peroxide or bleach does it every time. Keep it in a plastic squirt bottle near by a toilet brush and it will take less than a minute to clean.
Wouldn't work with our hard but great tasting well water...lol.

I use a gel type cleaner. Love the idea of paper towel to soak but I wouldn't take a chance of plugging up system so won't.

I'm hoping that the bleach users remember - certain chemicals mixed with beach can make bad things in the air. The kind that knock you out.

I have very hard water so will take some shopping hints from posts here. Thanks

As long as it is cleaned on a schedule you should never have to scrub or fight to get it cleaned. Don't waste your money on those BS toilet cleaner products. Soap & water+a little peroxide or bleach does it every time. Keep it in a plastic squirt bottle near by a toilet brush and it will take less than a minute to clean.
Sorry but I prefer to get the handy toilet bowl cleaners with the long necks that get in the nook and crannies...:) I wouldn't use soap and water to clean the bowl tbs..

I use old fashioned, shake-it-out-of-the-green-can Comet and a toilet brush. Every once in a while a squirt of dish soap or shampoo, too.

Don't think I've ever dumped bleach into a toilet. Attempting to keep the inside of a toilet bacteria-free is a fool's errand, and users aren't contacting that area anyway. I use disposable sani-wipes (or even baby wipes) to clean the seat and outside of the toilet. As per our plumber's strong recommendation, even wipes described as flushable go in the trash after use, never down the drain.

Frequent cleaning has always been the best way for me to stay ahead of upkeep chores like bathrooms, kitchens, dusting and mopping. Hitting it every day or every other days is far more important than the products being used.
I used to use Comet but ran out of it so I switched to something better or that I like better anyhow.

View attachment 86360
I have very hard water, too, and love The Works. I only use the pumice stone when I have no choice.

Back