"Too much" arsenic in baby food?? Why is there any of it in there at all?

I was just reading an article related to all of this which brings to light heavy metals.

https://www.consumerreports.org/baby-food/baby-food-and-heavy-metals-advice-for-parents/
“Lead, cadmium, and arsenic have deleterious effects on the developing infant mind, brain, cardiovascular system, and immune system,” says CR’s Dickerson. Those effects can lower IQ and are linked to behavior problems and ADHD, as well as an increased risk for skin and bladder cancer."

😖

Did this stuff come from the same country that flooded Home Depot and Lowes with that hydrogen sulfide drenched drywall? And here I thought that arsenic and old lace scandal stopped all this nonsense.

Did this stuff come from the same country that flooded Home Depot and Lowes with that hydrogen sulfide drenched drywall? And here I thought that arsenic and old lace scandal stopped all this nonsense.
As far as I know, the companies are American. After these findings, the FDA wanted to test the Walmart brand of baby food and they refused (I didn't know they had an option). Their baby food might be imported, idk.

“Lead, cadmium, and arsenic have deleterious effects on the developing infant mind, brain, cardiovascular system, and immune system,” says CR’s Dickerson. Those effects can lower IQ and are linked to behavior problems and ADHD, as well as an increased risk for skin and bladder cancer."

😖
Scary findings, aren't they.

I firmly believe the food that were eating is the biggest killer of all and killing people faster than everything else.

Chemical laden poison is what it is, with absolutely nobody watching over the industry with any level of integrity.

Scary findings, aren't they.

I firmly believe the food that were eating is the biggest killer of all and killing people faster than everything else.

Chemical laden poison is what it is, with absolutely nobody watching over the industry.
And I'm pretty sure it's near impossible to find "clean" food. Beef from cows that eat grass and alfalfa that had pesticides used on it, or feed that's chemically treated, and etc, chemical preservatives, veg growing in tainted soil....

Virtually All of the food we eat likely contains contaminants that are harmful. With such a huge population for our farmers to feed, farmers and food processors have had to ramp up production to meet the needs. Chemicals in the soil, and additives to the animal feed most likely find their way into the finished product, and we consume them. Young children probably face the greatest risk from these chemicals, as their bodies have little or no immunities to the environmental toxins.

As with so many things, it all comes down to "cost". If all our food suddenly became "organic", the poor wouldn't be able to afford to feed a family, and the grocery store shelves would be half empty.

I started to write down all the ingredients in our bath soap, shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant and for women make up but after the deodorant I decided against it because it was too many. The idea was to combine them al and post it here. Above all I'll bet we have no idea what 90% of the ingredients are yet we apply this junk to our bodies very day.

I started to write down all the ingredients in our bath soap, shampoo, toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant and for women make up but after the deodorant I decided against it because it was too many. The idea was to combine them al and post it here. Above all I'll bet we have no idea what 90% of the ingredients are yet we apply this junk to our bodies very day.
While I fostered Paxton I spent the extra to buy *natural* cleaners and laundry and bath soap. They do a fine job. And now that there are 2 incomes here, we're buying them again. And they're actually not more expensive by much right now. Michelle uses special shampoo for her hair. It's not super kinky but her curls are still a lot tighter than a white person, and her hair and scalp can get dried out if she doesn't use certain products. But I don't have much hair, and I don't use shampoo. I also haven't used deodorant in quite a few years but I don't get stinky unless I work or play hard outside. And then I just shower.

But still, you can't get away from the chemicals unless you go off grid or something. It's been building up in the dirt and water and the air for decades. There's no escaping it.

You won't get any argument from me. They simply do not care.
I agree with you and I say this to put my next comment in context.

After we get our jollies dumping the FDA (especially when it's under an administration that we dislike) we then expect all of these giant corporations and pharmaceutical companies (who we already don't trust -see vaccines) to self monitor themselves, put profits aside and give us top quality products.

I assume there's a third option but I sure don't know what it is. I'm sure that someone will favor placing it under the supervision of their favorite political party. You know - -sort of a "my crooks are better than your crooks".

When Citizens United was voted into being a few years back, the amount of political donations by large corporations became almost without limits and that's when our recent swamp was formed. When we get back to a $25 donation by every person(that chooses to donate) to whatever candidate or party again, maybe some semblance of order can be achieved. until then - - -Good luck!

After we get our jollies dumping the FDA (especially when it's under an administration that we dislike) we then expect all of these giant corporations and pharmaceutical companies (who we already don't trust -see vaccines) to self monitor themselves, put profits aside and give us top quality products.

I assume there's a third option but I sure don't know what it is. I'm sure that someone will favor placing it under the supervision of their favorite political party. You know - -sort of a "my crooks are better than your crooks".

When Citizens United was voted into being a few years back, the amount of political donations by large corporations became almost without limits and that's when our recent swamp was formed. When we get back to a $25 donation by every person(that chooses to donate) to whatever candidate or party again, maybe some semblance of order can be achieved. until then - - -Good luck!
Can't we focus on eliminating corruption rather than eliminating an agency that should be beneficial? Maybe that's an option.

Can't we focus on eliminating corruption rather than eliminating an agency that should be beneficial? Maybe that's an option.
The things that need to be done to a bloated, inefficient government agency (e.g. pare it down to something lean and efficient) mostly can't be done given how government jobs are protected to a higher degree than those of other workers.

The things that need to be done to a bloated, inefficient government agency (e.g. pare it down to something lean and efficient) mostly can't be done given how government jobs are protected to a higher degree than those of other workers.
Should we storm their office? We better have nukes this time, huh? 😜

Seriously, legislators put laws into place making federal and state agencies untouchable, leaving us only one option; the vote. But of course, they put laws in place that allow propaganda and gerrymeandering to ensure votes go a certain way, and the technology for that keeps getting better.

I've been wondering what would happen if voters just didn't show up. What if only like 20% of voters voted? Or even 30% or 40%, but no more than that. I wonder what would happen if 60% or more of the population considered themselves unrepresented by gov't?

edit: Rhetorical question...because, political

Yes!

I've pushed an idea for all news outlets to donate a one-page ad and 2 straight hours of air time to candidate campaigns (and got nowhere). They don't get to smear each other on TV with those half-dozen minute-long "approved" messages, they've got *this much* time and space to tell us who they are and what they're about, and we can go to their websites if we wanna know more, and to donate our $25 if we want.

Some greens, like lettuce, have a little arsenic in them naturally, and most people would never eat enough of these greens at one time, to even notice any ill effects.
This is a different thing than if it is being added to a food that does not have a natural form of arsenic in it.

It seems like food for babies and children are almost targeted for these food additives that we would never give them in food knowingly.
Here is an interesting picture showing one of the additives found in some cereals, and what it is actually used for.

D4463FAB-AA57-49DC-B8F2-40877C28CDBD.jpeg

Back