Traffic Tickets

I was pulled over for doing 80 in a 65 zone. Told him I was on my way to my mom`s funeral and was late. That was the truth. He said "Well,you were doing a safe 80 so go ahead."

I got one speeding ticket in the mid 80's. 35 in a 25. I cried. The cop was nice but I got the ticket.

I've got out of fix it type tickets by acting dumb. I also got pulled over for "drunk driving" about 1am once coming home from work. The cops were nice stating I took the corner too wide. A typical drunk driving maneuver they stated. I never took that corner wide again. I was in my nursing scrubs and obviously not on anything. They just let me go.

Hard to believe that anyone never got a traffic ticket or been in a non fault car accident.

YUP there is one, ME and I really get the shivers and sweats just thinking "what do I do if I ever get stopped by the cops".
I think I'd do the best thing and run like hell.:D

Use to get stopped for speeding at least once a yr in my teens/twenties. I nearly ran over a motorcycle cop once. He didn't give me a ticket. Didn't get many tickets whenI was young. I gave up speeding when my children were born. Guess my frontal part of brain had matured by then.

I have been driving since I was seventeen, on the road 47 years, and have never had a speeding fine, parking ticket or accident. I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed as I type this!

I have to say that I have had only 1 speeding ticket and that was only three years ago after (at that point) 42 years of driving. And I have always driven LOTS of miles-generally 35,000 miles a year. The cop that got me three years ago also got my daughter the same day lol. Neither of us bothered to try to get out of it because this particular officer-a female- had a reputation that made us know to not even bother....

I have not had any speeding tickets or an accident but I did get a parking ticket in another town
while I was at the therapist getting a massage. :) There was just no place to park so I took a chance
and paid $15. fine. I parked where I should not have so didn't even think to try to talk my out of it.

I got my first speeding ticket at age 10, driving a boat under a draw bridge. The patrolman gave the ticket to my father who was on shore at the time. I learn to drive on a 1951 Ford tractor. When I was 26, I was pulled over at around 2:30 am. just after leaving my job as a security officer. The policeman ask me why I speeding, and to please get out of the car. I was 5'5", and weighed 100 pounds, wearing a police look alike uniform with gun on my hip. Yes, thank goodness I had my papers in my wallet.
After the policeman stopped laughing, he got around to his first question, why was I speeding? I explained that since we were in a rural area, and I really had to go pee, I was trying to get home before I had to send my uniform to the cleaners.
He laughed some more, and told me to go straight home. I did and without a ticket. :dunno:

I did get a parking ticket once...but the cheeky s** parked next to me had taken it off his van, and put it on my car.....so it wasn't even mine!

Back