Traveling at this age ?

marshell08

Do you feel less able physically or in any other way to take part in any aspect of travel than you did when you were younger?

I am 72 and still traveling! Last year we went from the UK to Niagra Falls and also flew the route of the Grand Canyon - something we always wanted to do. This year we i am in middle of an overland trip from London to Beijing.

Attachments

• coca-cola_ideal_brain_tonic_1890s.jpg
    coca-cola_ideal_brain_tonic_1890s.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 147
We do a lot of camping, so most of our travel is by pickup truck. We don't feel physically hindered by our age yet, but we have to be smarter than we were when we were younger and wilder. We try not to get into any predicaments that we can't get out of, LOL.

Do you feel less able physically or in any other way to take part in any aspect of travel than you did when you were younger?

I am 72 and still traveling! Last year we went from the UK to Niagra Falls and also flew the route of the Grand Canyon - something we always wanted to do. This year we i am in middle of an overland trip from London to Beijing.

Good for you! You're an inspiration. Life is to be lived.

Nope, still in shape and very outdoorsy... the only difference is I make sure to see the doctor before leaving for a non-US trip and ensure that I have my meds on hand with a extra weeks supply just in case :D

If you're getting on a bit, but still ache to see the world, then, if you afford it, a cruise is your best bet. It's like a floating community. Everything is taken care of for you... You're looked after... There are medical facilities on board...You soon make friends...

Travel as much as you can WHILE you can is my motto. If you don't, when you turn 85 or something you'll regret it!

Back