Traveling to England

Hello,
Would anyone recommend a lovely English Village outside of London where I could stay during my vacation next spring? Thanks very much!
Depends how far outside of London you want to be, and how far from entertainment. Villages and Hamlets here tend to have no entertainment at all..most now don't even have a pub , just so you know... but if it's just peace and tranquility you want then, a village is for you..

I live abut 20 miles north of London.. on the edge of a village, which has no entertainment at all, and very little public transport ( one bus every couple of hours into the nearest market town) ..but it does have fields, and livestock, and farms, and woods, a village pond, and even a nature lake, a few minutes away...

This is the village bus stop... ... complete with cushions and books...:D

IMG-0763.jpg

some of the prettiest villages are in the North of England, but then the weather up there can be pretty wet a lot of the time...

Last edited:
Depends how far outside of London you want to be, and how far from entertainment. Villages and Hamlets here tend to have no entertainment at all..most now don't even have a pub , just so you know... but if it's just peace and tranquility you want then, a village is for you..

I live abut 20 miles north of London.. on the edge of a village, which has no entertainment at all, and very little public transport ( one bus every couple of hours into the nearest market town) ..but it does have fields, and livestock, and farms, and woods, a village pond, and even a nature lake, a few minutes away...

This is the village bus stop... ... complete with cushions and books...:D

IMG-0763.jpg

some of the prettiest villages are in the North of England, but then the weather up there can be pretty wet a lot of the time...
How cute that bus stop is!

I live in uk….so what a wise travel move to a village ' London is great like all big cities-but do use your head and keep credit cards
well hidden -wallet too' not in the jacket but deep into a ruck sack /holdal..crowds bring pick pockets ' so be aware, but you will love our city
so much to see and do -by the way the bus stop looks great lol.. I to live just outside a village very rural … enjoy the trip LC.

Thanks for all the helpful tips! I’m excited about going to England, it’s such a beautiful country. I’ve met a few people from England and they’re always friendly and fun!

Thanks for all the helpful tips! I’m excited about going to England, it’s such a beautiful country. I’ve met a few people from England and they’re always friendly and fun!
Well I wouldn't say everyone is friendly.. but we do try to be to tourists..at least!! :) You've still not said where you will be staying..or how close you want to be to London..whether you'll want to stay in a village or if you just want to travel to one

Hello,
Would anyone recommend a lovely English Village outside of London where I could stay during my vacation next spring? Thanks very much!
I'm not a Brit, but I go to UK on an annual 2-3 week trip. Can you be more specific about what you want out of a village? Do you need public transport, renting a car, or just staying put and doing a Ms. Marple and just listening to village gossip?

IMG-0762.jpg
here's a close up..RR...:cool:
Adorable
I'm not a Brit, but I go to UK on an annual 2-3 week trip. Can you be more specific about what you want out of a village? Do you need public transport, renting a car, or just staying put and doing a Ms. Marple and just listening to village gossip?
I’d like to find a place where I can sit out and have my coffee in the morning and enjoy birds chirping maybe take a nice long hike and go into a village and see some rustic charm I won’t be driving in England way too intimidating so I’d need to have public transport to the location

Adorable

I’d like to find a place where I can sit out and have my coffee in the morning and enjoy birds chirping maybe take a nice long hike and go into a village and see some rustic charm I won’t be driving in England way too intimidating so I’d need to have public transport to the location
Also sample some authentic English food and beverages

Adorable

I don't know if I missed it, but you don't say if you want to be staying in a Village the whole time , or just visiting for a day or 2.. which part of England you want to be.. how far from London you want..!! WE need to know where you'll be staying before we can suggest villages or small towns that have public transport . .. :giggle:

Thanks but we’ve now had a change of plans and will be traveling to France next year. Hopefully we’ll have a chance to go to England the following year along with Ireland. Thanks again for your kindness!

Back