Trying to rid internet of SOME of Rick's footprint

Marie5656

OK, I understand that we cannot completely eliminate our presence here, but we can make an effort to delete a part of it.

Decided to tackle Rick's accounts on Facebook and Gmail. I had deactivated his FB account after he died, but the actual account was still floating around in FB limbo. So, I figured, there HAS to be a way to get FB to make it go away forever. SO, I reactivated his account, to have a look see. He only had about 30 friends there,..his choice. Mainly family, friends, and a few former coworkers and classmates.

Next, off to Google Land. A light bit trickier to find out how to do it. But got that deleted too. I do not know how this will help in the long run. But a good thing is that he was never a big social media person. He sent emails. He watched You Tube videos. A LOT of you tube videos. He never much liked FB.

Maybe in the grand scheme of things, it means little, but I feel better.

The Google surprised me. I was not sure if I could shut down his account....glad I looked. In the help section of Google and Facebook, you can find out how. If you have either of your own, take a look.

Back