Unusual headstone

wow ......................I have seen many a obituary that said items like that .................just never the permanent type of this on a headstone....

I would much rather see family be real .........then pretend a person was a saint or even a good person just because they passed.......... i
just think someone may rethink the permanence of this decision.

I've read similar obituaries. I see nothing wrong with it.
My abusive, raging-witch mother earned one like that, but I didn't play a part in her head stone & I couldn't care less, anyway. In fact, if she didn't have a prepaid funeral, I would have told the mortuary: "Do whatever you want with her & don't bother sending us a bill."
Her 4 kids were just thankful she was gone. We didn't attend her funeral.

Ya know what? If you want to be remembered in a nice way when you're gone, be a nice person while you're here.

I've read similar obituaries. I see nothing wrong with it.
My abusive, raging-witch mother earned one like that, but I didn't play a part in her head stone & I couldn't care less, anyway. In fact, if she didn't have a prepaid funeral, I would have told the mortuary: "Do whatever you want with her & don't bother sending us a bill."
Her 4 kids were just thankful she was gone. We didn't attend her funeral.

Ya know what? If you want to be remembered in a nice way when you're gone, be a nice person while you're here.
Hear- Hear!! 👏

On a lighter note, where I lived in the country outside Saratoga Springs, NY, there was an old (as in some gravestones were from Revolutionary War-old) grave yard. I was in the midst of doing a high school class project, squatted down behind a stone to get a rubbing of the epitaph. I stood up about the time two sisters from the farm next door walked by.. they both shrieked and jumped; I think they lost a years growth 😆

It says to me that Mom is still pulling the strings and pushing the buttons in the lives of Buddy, Jackie, and Mike.
That's your misinterpretation & reading something into it that isn't there.
Speaking the truth can be liberating for some, even though others may not approve of it on religious or other grounds. Sugarcoating the truth & being in denial can be stressful. And supporting a lie can also be stressful.

Last edited:
Reminds me of another old saying of my Mother's. "Never speak ill of the dead." I never really agreed with her on that one, but after seeing that childish dummy spit etched in stone. I think I get it. To me, it says more about Buddy, Jackie and Mike than it does about their mother.

of course Buddy, Jackie & Mike are to be Pitied... they suffered greatly at the hands of someone purporting to be their carer and protector, they certainly got no pity from their mother .... they even wish her peace and insulation from the bad world she found when she was alive,and paid for a decent headstone.. ... if this is the only way they can get some retribution then God Bless them ,IMO>..

people who have never suffered at the hands of someone else in a terrible way have absolutely no idea what it feels like to not be able to retaliate...

Back