Up to 18 people shot at Walmart El Paso Texas

hollydolly

SF VIP
El Paso police are advising the public to stay away from a local Walmart because of 'multiple' active shooters. 'Scene is still Active,' El Paso police tweeted on Saturday. 'We have multiple reports of multiple shooters. Please avoid area police conducting search of a very large area. 'Media staging will be given when area is secure.' A local NBC affiliate, KTSM-TV, is reporting that at least 18 people were shot, though the extent of their injuries is uknown. 'Active Shooting Stay away from Cielo Vista Mall Area. Scene is Still Active,' the police department tweeted on Saturday. Earlier on Saturday, the police tweeted: 'Active Shooter in area of Hawkins and Gateway East.' Hawkins and Gateway are two streets that flank the Walmart. El Paso police later confirmed that the active shooter was inside a Walmart, according to USA Today. At least three other businesses in the area are also on lockdown, including a Red Lobster franchise and a Hooter's location.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ice-say-theres-active-shooter-local-mall.html

Washington Post has video but I can't access it without subscribing

From Tw
EBEheFeWkAYqAHo
itter this may be the suspect

That looks like the guy from WalMart's security camera that I saw earlier. Someone screen captured that from a local news report.

Attachments

• WM.JPG
    WM.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 8
What is this mental illness that supposedly drives some people to shoot other people in a public setting? Why does it only affect "young males"?

Another interesting question would be "What did the victims have in common?"

If someone thinks resolving the mental health epidemic* in the US will be a successful way to prevent gun violence, they are looking to complicate and ignore a very simple solution. Just tighten background checks, ban certain types of guns and ammo, and your'e there. The Second Amendment prevails and war artillery is kept out of the wrong hands.

* Did you know the highest rate of suicide in America is amongst white men 85 years old and over?

Before this turns into a gun control debate, I have no further comments.

When someone has any helpful thoughts on the mental illness crisis among our young males, I would like to hear them.

It's more a moral apathy. Maybe some mental illness mixed in but much more some sort of an emotional void. Look at what the shooter posted in 2015. Pretty consistent with most of the young white guys that carry out these mass shootings.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/patrick-crusius/

Heavy.JPG

In 2008 and after the 2007 shooting at Virginia Tech, we had the opportunity to attend a seminar at a local university that had as main speakers a well known psychologist and an FBI profiler. I definitely wanted and did attend the seminar. We were also able to ask questions after they had completed their presentations.

A couple of things that were presented made a lot of sense to me. Most mass shooters have identical or near identical personalities and profiles. There may be warning signs, but psychologists are not able to predict or identify who the next mass shooter may be.

Here is a real eye opener. Mass shooters are likely NOT to have any mental illness. More than likely, they do have personality disorders and feel wronged by the group they have decided to eliminate. How any of this affects today’s shooter, I am not sure.

Psychologists and Profilers do not have crystal balls. Where or when the next mass shooting will occur is anyone’s guess. Who it will be cannot be determined. Someone asked the question if better gun control laws would prevent these mass shootings. Both of the presenters basically said the same thing; “It’s probably too late for that, taking into consideration the number of weapons that are in the hands of the public today.” They May be right.

I have written about this previously, but maybe it should be repeated. I was the second Trooper to arrive at the West Nickel Mines shooting in 2006 at the Amish school house. Charles Roberts took 10 girls hostage, shooting 8 and killing 5 of them.

We did what we could to contain Mr. Roberts until our negotiator arrived. When we heard the shooting begin, we made the decision to rush the door. Mr. Roberts had barricaded the door, so it did take us a few minutes to get inside. The last shot we heard, we thought he was shooting at us, since he had warned us to back off, but it was determined that he had shot and killed himself with the last shot.

Initial investigation and further investigation found Mr. Roberts to have been in good spirits during the week leading up to the shooting. There was some witnesses who said that prior to that week, he seemed to be nervous, agitated and upset, but then settled down and was acting normal the week before the shooting.

After carrying the little girls out of the schoolhouse, there wasn’t a dry eye among us.

The Coroner did add in his report that in his opinion, the deceased suffered from “personality disorders.”

Sadly, the word is the shooter wrote an essay on line and if the authorities prove that he wrote is they can charge him with a hate crime. Now I ask everyone with 19 dead and 40 wounded and certainly the death toll will rise what %$#%^&& difference does it make if it is a hate crime or not. It is a slaughter of innocent people!! The guy lives in Allen and so he drove a long way to get to ElPaso. Worst above all this will never end, ever.

If someone thinks resolving the mental health epidemic* in the US will be a successful way to prevent gun violence, they are looking to complicate and ignore a very simple solution. Just tighten background checks, ban certain types of guns and ammo, and your'e there. The Second Amendment prevails and war artillery is kept out of the wrong hands.

* Did you know the highest rate of suicide in America is amongst white men 85 years old and over?

"Simple Solutions" to complicated problems never work.

As seniors we know first hand that our culture has changed dramatically in the U.S. in our lifetime. It's a high stress existence anymore fueled by drugs and moral decay and these shootings are so frequent that they are almost expected every few weeks and are becoming the norm.

Back