Updating your address book can be sobering

Rose65

I still have a pretty address book so I can write important contact details into it. I don't think it wise to only depend on my mobile and laptop.

Updating has been rather sad though, as you get older, friends pass away. It is not nice to delete their details. It feel like you are erasing them and makes you wonder what it was all about, all those confidences you shared, troubles you talked over and laughter you enjoyed. Now their address and phone number is of no use.

I have information from people that are living that never contact me ever. If I get rid of them all there will be little or nothing in my book. It's around here somewhere but I quit looking at it last time I updated it.

I still have a pretty address book so I can write important contact details into it. I don't think it wise to only depend on my mobile and laptop.

Updating has been rather sad though, as you get older, friends pass away. It is not nice to delete their details. It feel like you are erasing them and makes you wonder what it was all about, all those confidences you shared, troubles you talked over and laughter you enjoyed. Now their address and phone number is of no use.
Be grateful for that, Rose. I asked for a new pretty one for Christmas a few years ago and there were none to be found. Soon they'll be completely obsolete.

Back